Chapter Thirty-Eight: Blue Blood

DATE
DEC 18TH, 2038
TIME
5:17:09 PM

Blue, that was the first thing Devon Cassidy saw when she stepped foot onto the crime scene.

The once pale yellow walls were splattered blue and if you didn't know the bed sheets were white before, you'd just think the original color was the dark blue that now colored them.

In all the years Devon worked homicide, this was one of the most horrid things she's ever seen. Her stomach churns as her green eyes take in the victim's state, or at least what was left of her.

The poor android was pretty much unrecognizable at this point, her head was completely smashed in all directions, her orange hair matted together, caked with her own blood. Her left arm was bent in an unnatural direction, a few of her fingers completely gone.

"Fuck." Her wet eyes dart over towards the door of the motel room, Connor and Hank just entering in, Hanks' face wrinkling up with disgust. Connor's brown eyes were wide, this also being the most grizzly thing he had seen while being a detective.

"Have a good joy ride?" Hank asks Devon as he ventures further into the room, walking past her to take a look at the bedside table to see if there was anything worth seeing.

"It helped clear my head." Devon nodded, deciding that was the best answer for now. Is her head actually clear? No, it's actually far from that. Leaving her uncle's home only left her with a plethora of thoughts in her forever hungry mind.

Connor settles next to Devon for a moment, their eyes connecting. Without him even verbally asking, Devon knew he was trying to ask her if she was alright. The way his eyes switched between her's, his brows downturned ever so slightly, and head tilted just a bit to the side, she could just see the question as if it was written on his forehead.

Her silent reply was a small smile and a nod with her head. Connor seems to visibly relax a little, his shoulders dropping slightly.

"Looks like the dream team is here." The trio turned to watch Gavin saunter into the room, his tall partner trailing behind him. "Yeah, we're here." Hank sighs, wishing he wasn't here at the moment.

"Oh, I wasn't talking about you guys, I was talking about us." Gavin motions between him and Conrad with his thumb, his signature humor reviving a glare from Hank who wasn't amused. Devon rolls her eyes, rounding the bed so she could take a closer look at their victim. Connor decides to join her, inspecting the damage.

The poor woman's head wasn't in very good condition, it was definitely smashed with a great amount of force. It made Devon wince. She could see one of her eye protruding from the eye socket.

"Before you two weirdos go licking things, the victim's name is Savanna. Has no one listed as family." Gavin reads from a tablet, informing the group. Devon glances up to see Connor's and Conrad's hands paused in place as they were stopped by Gavin. She would have smiled if the gruesome scene in front of her wasn't weighing heavy on her chest.

"Doesn't this seem odd to you?" Devon asks out loud to no one in particular. "What is?" Connor asks, standing to his full height now, eyes on her. "I don't know. This is different from the others. The killing seems more sloppy, almost like the killer acted on impulse." Everyone had a thoughtful look as they took in their surroundings. It did seem a bit different then usual, maybe the detective was onto something.

"So maybe our guy left something behind..."Hank trails off, eyes locking with Devon's.

"Detective's!"