Chapter Twenty One: Business as Usual

DATE
DEC  12TH, 2038
TIME
PM 05:35:13

To any person, today would seem like a normal day. The snow was falling from the cloudy December skies, the city decorated with colorful lights, tensile, and other various festive things. Kids were excitedly jumping around, building a snowman,, or giving their list off to their parents who were out shopping for the big holiday coming up in a few weeks.

To any person, this day was like any other day. Everyone was in good spirits, human and android alike. All going about their business without any worries. These people don't know the darkness that lives deep inside the city, the one they don't encounter unless they stumble upon it or have to deal with it directly.

In a building on the outskirts of Detroit, it was quiet. The old building made of brink was rough looking on the outside, even seems abandoned to those who see it but on the inside, it is alive. There are people walking around, placing red crystals into small baggies,, and cutting limbs off of androids. There are people with large guns guarding every door, watchful eyes drifting over the peeling paint and creaking floors. The lights are yellow, casting the rooms in a haunting glow. The windows are boarded with old wooden boards, keeping away any sunlight and prying eyes. A few men sit at an old round table, cards spread out among them, playing a game as this is a normal day for them.

To them, it seems like business as usual. Red Ice is still very sought after drugs, making these people millions. They weren't only dealing locally but also smuggling over the border into Canada to supply there. It was a banging business that wards them lots of cash quickly. Users would give an arm and leg just for one fix, to get that rush back into their veins. Also, after the revolution, android parts were in a high demand. These people would kidnap androids and murder them, selling their parts for millions of dollars.

Today is not a normal day. At least not for them. One the outside of the home, groups of people in uniforms and bulletproof vest line the perimeter of the old two-stories abandoned warehouse, ready to make an entry. A woman stands close to the front door, her hand holding onto her weapon as she looks to the man holding a device. They look to her for orders and she waits for a second before giving them a firm nod.

"Breach." A voice filters through everyone's coms, the woman sparing a glance at the tall man beside her, seeing how his LED glows yellow as he sends out the message that only they can hear. The groups that are spread around the building all place the devices on the door that blows the old doors off their hinges. "Detroit PD put your hands up!" In an instant, a quiet December day breaks out into chaos.

Gunshots roared like thunderous booms from clouds right before a storm. The bullets wheeze through the air, striking everything in their path. It seemed like everything was going in slow motion. Blood splattering like thick paint across the dirty cream walls, yells and screams bouncing around the room.