Chapter Thirteen: Distraction

DATENOV 9TH, 2038TIMEPM 04:13:04

DATE
NOV 9TH, 2038
TIME
PM 04:13:04

Connor's eyes flutter open. He looks around him at his surroundings. The once bright and warm zen guarded was now cover in a blanket of snow, the trees and flowers dying.

TALK TO AMANDA

He moves forward, the snow crunching under his boots as he walks. His footstep echo against the cobble stones. Connor notices something he's never seen before in the distance. Glowing blue, there is a scanner with a hand print on it. The curious android stops in front of the mysterious scanner and kneels down to inspect it. He reaches out his palm, placing it near the scanner. A humming nose comes from it due to the close proximity of his hand.

His hand lays flat against it, his skin dissolving away to show his true form. A sudden force causes him to quickly stand up and away from the scanner, his LED turning red. He stares at it a moment before his LED turns back to the cool blue. The android turns to see Amanda standing in the middle of the now frozen lake. Connor moves forward and takes a cautious step onto the ice, making sure it wasn't going to break under his weight. Once he sees that it's safe to walk on, he continues his way forward, stopping directly in front of the woman who stood with her arms cupped in front of her.

AMANDA
NEUTRAL

"After what happened today, the country is on the verge of a civil war." Her voice is always so eerily calm when she speaks, no matter what she is feeling. "The machines are rising up against their masters. Humans have no choose but to destroy them." The snow that was falling is collecting on top of Connor's hair and jacket. He was lucky he couldn't feel the cold.

"I thought Kamski knew something..." Connor glances away from her for a spilt second. "I was wrong."

"Maybe he did..."

AMANDA \/
DISTRUSTED

"But you chose not to ask." There were three ways Connor could approach this. He could stay silent and not risk ruining the already deteriorating relationship he has with Amanda, be cold about it, or be emotional. He was no longer worried about what the "best" choice was, but what was the right choice for him is. "I chose not to play his twisted game! There was no reason to kill that android."

Ş̷̼̖̱̞̺̻̣̫̗̮͂́̽̓͛͘̚̕͝õ̴̡̰̳̰̻̹̺ͅf̶̨͍͓̣̲͉̬̙̑̒̈́̽̕ţ̸̤̙̖̫͇̤̺̲̦̚ͅw̷̬̲̖̲̜̟͇̓a̴̻͛̀̔̕r̸̡̠̤̗̯̮͖͛̐̃͆ḝ̷̢̪̭̼͕͖͙͐̆̓͆̚̚͠͝ ̵̺̥͇̆͑̓̇͊́͠Ị̵̥͚̺̠̹̏̒̿͋͒̾̃ņ̵̰̑̽̀s̴̛̪̝͛̓ţ̵̧̨͉̞̰̲͈͂̂́̿̿͐͋̓ą̶̢̣̣̪̩̭̻̺͍̓̽̽̑͝b̷̹̭̙͊̔̓͊͛̄͠͝͝i̷̲̝̕ĺ̵͉̰̦̱̦̼͙̼̼̈́̓͐͆͂͘͘͜ͅḯ̴̡̡̘̙̟̹͍͖̯̣͋̽͌͆̓̚͘͝ṱ̶̩̠̠̦̬͙̑͛̓͒̌͜͠͠ŷ̵̧̜̝͇̟̅̍̋͒ ̸̛̮̐̏̄