Chapter 33: All Gone

I awoke to sunlight shining through the open window. Christilia's purple curtains blew in the early morning breeze. I yawned, looking down I noticed Christilia was gone. It didn't startle me, it's not like I had expected her to stay very long. I slowly removed myself from her floor where we'd slept. My blanket slid off me and landed softly on the ground beneath my hooves. I lifted it up and wrapped it around my bare white shoulders. It's soft, salmon fabric was comforting as I walked out to her balcony. I rested my two front hooves on the gold railing and looked over the kingdom. It was beautiful. The sun was rising to the east over Crescent Bay and shedding its light on the fishing towns below. Thornwood Forest was a world of ice with its snow covered trees, not a creature stirred in those woods this morning. Smoke rose from the Dragonlands, behind the Eclipse Mountains, twisting through the winter air. A bird flew past me, it's blue feathers catching the light from the sun.
Spring is coming, I realized, that means the Winter Joy celebration is soon!
I trotted off the balcony and stared around Christilia's trashed room. Then I saw it. I rushed over and pushed aside a pile of pillows. Underneath, was a calendar. I flipped through its pages till I reached December, on the bottom row the 31st was circled in purple ink.
If I recall today is the... 21st! That means I only have 10 days to prepare!
I stopped myself from having a panic attack.
That's fine, that's fine. 10 days is enough you can do this.
I sighed, but this year I had to do it by myself. Unless Christilia decided she cared, which was unlikely. Very unlikely.

It was late in the morning when I'd finally gotten ready. I walked towards the dining hall, not sure if Christilia was there or not. I approached the two golden doors. They were beautiful, engraved with pictures of overflowing horns of plenty. I pushed one open, sure enough, Christilia wasn't there. I rolled my eyes, of course. I walked in and shut the door behind me, the long room was empty, not a guard in sight. Sunlight filtered through the tall stain glass windows around the hall, casting rainbow light across the table. There was no food on the two empty plates in front of the two empty, oak chairs. No server coming in of the swinging door to the kitchen. No guards chatting to each other, knowing the Royal family was safe for the morning. Maybe that was because there was no family. Not anymore, there were no grandma's barging in at the worst time, no mother to scream back at her when she encouraged Gloria to do pyrotechnics.

And no father to wish me good morning. There's no one left.

"BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!" I screamed at the ponies who weren't there. I screamed at myself. "AND ITS MY FAULT!"

My words echoed about the room, bouncing back at me. Making the pain worse.

"It's all... my fault," I crumpled, my legs collapsed as the weight fell down on me.

I lay on the floor. The red carpet growing dark as it collected my tears. I decided to try to not get up, knowing it was impossible.

Do you ever have a moment when, for so long you've been collecting pain, and then it comes out. Maybe because you can't keep holding it in, or maybe something pushes you off the edge. Off that cliff of grief, stress, anger, and exhaustion, so that you go plummeting. Falling into this world of collapse and weight.
Well, that was what was happening. Everything that ever happened— Lamia, my father, my family, the Jewel Empire, Falcon dying in front of me, my wounds, Christilia — I finally let it fall over me. To take control.

HI! IT'S ME, RAVENFEMME!! HERE IS SOME ART OF YOUR FAVORITE PONY!! ( UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER FAVORITE PONY IDK LOL ) :