Chapter 47: Imprisoned, Again

I drew back. Blood dripped from the top of my horn and fell down my face like red tears. Eclipse was screaming still, she was badly injured. A dark, bloody hole in her head sent the thick liquid down one side of her face, honestly I'd only increased the horror of her appearance. I hovered, my mane still on fire, or was it fire itself? I'd have to find out later. Eclipse was gasping and heaving as blood dripped into her mouth, she spat, the foul mixture landed on my chest. I scrunched up my muzzle, revolted.

Ew.

Eclipse's wings faltered, she let out an overly dramatic sigh and fell. Her mane fluttered in the breeze, her pearls glinted in the sun and she thudded to the ground. I flew down to join her side. She lay, legs sprawled, face bloody, mouth slightly open. Either I was in shock or I was certain this wasn't over. It seemed too easy, Eclipse wouldn't have died without a fight. No villain did.

Please be dead!

I really wanted this all to be over, I was just so tired. If I wasn't half as smart as I was then, I would've laid down right next to Eclipse and slept. But I kept my eyes open, trying to stop my legs from buckling under my exhausted body.

Just keep you're guard up, Gloria! Eclipse could strike at any second!

Eclipse's wing twitched, a slight shudder of her feathers. I withheld a scream and stumbled backwards.

No! Oh god, please be dead!

Eclipse moved, then she coughed, blood spattered the ground, the gravel clumped together from the stuff. I got ready, prepared for an attack.

"Gloria...."

This time the scream came out. It was terrifying, blood dripped from her mouth and head, her eyes seemed glazed and cold. My eyes were as wide as they could possibly go. Eclipse spoke again.

"Come... p-please..." she looked up at me, sadness and pain in her gaze.

I stepped forward uncontrollably, even though my brain screamed to stop. I knelt before my dying enemy, dirt crunching under my hooves.

"What is it Eclipse?" I kept my voice stern, showing no emotion whatsoever.

Eclipse let out a choked breath. Her eyes almost closed but she opened them, determined to speak.

"I just..... wanted to tell you," she paused, gasping. "S... surprise."

I'd barely processed her words before she sprung at me. I tried to escape, but next thing I knew I was pummeled to the ground and my mind went dark.

I should probably open my eyes, buuut I am really tired. So maybe I'll just rest for a bit. Hey, why do I hear voices? No, not voices— a voice. Something's with me, now that I think about it, I am really uncomfortable... why does it feel cold in here. Where am I?

"Hey moron! Wakey wakey!"

My eyes fly open, my heart slows to a normal speed, and I see my surroundings. I'm surrounded by metal bars, the back wall, however, is stone, so is the area beyond the bars. It only takes me one try to guess my location. I'm in prison, Eclipse locked me in the dungeon.

Gosh darn it!

"Technically I'd rather have a different cellmate but you'll have to do."

I recognized Lunacy's voice almost immediately. She sounded different, less crazy... more... normal.

"Hello Lunacy," I sighed, not trying to get up and face her. I knew I was too weak and tired.

Lunacy snorted. "Hello yourself!"

I heard the swish of her tail on the dusty dirt floor.

"Don't worry, I won't kill you." her voice was quiet, like she meant it.

"Cool, I won't kill you then." I replied.

Lunacy burst out laughing. "Good one, princess! You couldn't kill me even in this state!"

I growled. I planted my hooves and tried to stand, I rose shakily and by the time I stood I was already exhausted. I turned to face Lunacy, trying not to give way. The draconequus looked the same, sharp claws, vibrant colors. Her angular, long wings were tucked behind her as she leaned against the wall.

She looks so... calm.

I was surprised to see Lunacy with eyes that weren't crazy and teeth that weren't covered in blood. If this was the first time I'd ever met her, I'd probably have thought she had never killed in her life. Lunacy seemed to be observing me as well, her eyes scaled my body, looking for something or other.

"You're old," she bluntly stated.

I gaped, really? That was the first thing she noticed?

"Am not!" I retorted. "You're literally thousands of years older than I am!"

Lunacy shrugged. "You're still old. Just because I'm older doesn't make you young."

I frowned and turned away.

"Why'd I ever start talking to you?" I grumbled.

Lunacy snickered. "How should I know? It was your mistake!"

Sighing I sat down on the cold stone, sending chills along my spine. I stared out at the bars in front of me, my prison. Fear crept over me once more, I was clueless about how to stop Eclipse. I'd tried my hardest, gave it my all, and look what happened! I'd failed before I'd even began and now Christilia was lost forever.

Oh Christilia, I'm so sorry, I love you, I really do, but I can't save you. I'm sorry, I'm so, so, sorry.

"I think I know how to get out of here," Lunacy's voice reached my ears.

I turned my head. "You do, how?"

She smiled. "I have a plan, but to do it... I have to carry you."