Chapter 12: A Prophecy and A Confession

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

"He's really coming back."

"Yes."

"Then we don't have any more time to waste the longer we sit here the more we are in danger."

I nodded as grandmother said this, I had told her everything, absolutely everything, every last bit of of information and she listened. She was troubled, I could tell not only by her expression but the aura of fear that radiated off of her in waves and that did not help my rising panic, I had wanted her to assure me that it was fine and that she could solve it, but that wasn't what I got. She shook her head.

"I'm so sorry Gloria, no child should have to endure what you have. If I don't make it out of-" I cut her off.

"Don't talk like that!" I shouted. "You will make it out of this... you have to!"

She looked at me, there was deep pity but also admiration in her eyes and they stared right into me.

She knows something that she's not telling me, what is she hiding?

She sat down, I was about to protest we needed to protect the kingdom, but then she spoke.

"Gloria." she stopped before continuing. "When you were born ponies all across El Turnia swore that they saw a rainbow stream down from the heavens and even the dragons cried out in happiness for it was a sign of freedom and a new age of loyalty and prosperity."

"Grandmother." I said slowly but she didn't listen.

"You were a sign of glory, for the whole world." she continued a wistful look in her eyes. "Nothing like this had ever happened before and your parents were so proud of you and that day the gods gave me a prophecy:"

                                                                      She must become fire,

                                                                     and she must rise higher.

                                                                             She will be glory,                                                     

                                                                 more glory than ever before.

                                                                              She will win the war.

                                                                       This is the life of becoming fire.

I stared in shock, a prophecy? About me? What did it mean? Was I going to get killed by fire!?

"Are you sure it's about me?" I asked.

"I believe it means you will save El Turnia." she paused. "I think you must become fire meaning you will have to be loyal and stay true to this kingdom, you will become the fire of glory."

"Grandmother I-" I stopped as a rumble shook the earth.

"He's returned!" grandmother said fear stricken.

Time Warper! She means Time Warper!

I thought to myself as the ground shook again this time making bottles and instruments fall from the shelves surrounding the room.

"Gloria." said grandmother turning towards me. "It's time to go to war."