21: The Fight

I paced back and forth on the library floor, Christilia sat watching me with boredom.
"Pacing won't help *yawn* anything, Gloria!" she said yawning.
"You don't know that!" I snapped at her.
She flinched back obviously hurt.
"Sorry. I'm just nervous." I said softly.
"I know, so am I." she replied.
We were trying to find a way to prepare for the possible attack from Lunacy. Even though we had put guards to guard and contain the cocoon I had the slightest feeling that wasn't going to help in the least, but maybe that was just my paranoia, was I paranoid? I rolled my eyes.
Probably.
Christilia laughed.
"Can you imagine two days ago we were worrying about a pancake monster and now we have a returning villain?"
I stopped pacing.
"What?" Christilia asked. "Did I say something wrong?"
"No." I said.
"Huh?" Christilia raised her eyebrows.
"Remember how we thought the pancake and the pineapples were Lunacy's doing?" I said turning to face her.
"Well yeah, but that couldn't have been her could it? She's locked up in her cocoon in a different world!" Christilia said.
"But that world collided with ours!" I said walking over to her.
"You don't mean-" Christilia said her eyes widened in fright.
"Lunacy may be locked up, but her magic may be free! What if she doesn't need to be out of her cocoon to start an attack!" I said as everything came together like pieces in a puzzle.
"And she was making us busy with her monsters and therefore distracted and she could slip out of her cocoon unnoticed!" Christilia said finishing my train of thought.
"Exactly!" I said.
"This is bad! Very, very bad!" Christilia fidgeted. "We need to do something!"
But what? We can't stop her from using her magic... unless...
"We could destroy it!" I said.
"But Lunacy's in there! It would be murder!" Christilia said shocked that I would say such a horrible thing.
"She'll do worse than murder if we let her live!" I said outraged that Christilia was taking mercy on a monster like Lunacy.
"Gloria! Not even Lunacy deserves something like that!" Christilia stood up ears back and a look of defiance on her face.
"I don't care as long as I protect you and my kingdom!" I roared.
"You mean OUR kingdom! And if your be like this I don't want your protection!" Christilia yelled back.
"FINE!" I shouted.
"FINE!" Christilia shouted back.
"If your so protective of an evil villain you can go save her and let the rest of "our" kingdom burn! And you can know that is was ALL YOUR FAULT!" I shouted and slammed the door behind me as I strode out of library.
"Wait Gloria I-" Christilia shouted after me, but I was half way down the hall before I could hear the rest.