Chapter 38: Eclipse Across El Turnia

In the rainforest, home to the Color Spirits, a Pegasus sat in the bows of a green tree. Blueberry Muffin never regretted moving to the forest, the food was amazing, the habitants were wonderful, and so were the views. Her curly blue hair blew in the breeze, the shiny, large leaves of the tree were tainted red. That was because of the eclipse, no creature had predicted it, even the wisest and oldest Color Spirits were dumbfounded.

So much for peace and quiet, now I'm the only pony who's not having a panic attack.

She was glad that she was here. In Trottingham things were probably much more chaotic. The crown of flowers she'd been wearing on her head blew up and away, as a gust of wind rocked the tree. It was warm wind, such as all things were in the rainforest. She lifted up, letting her wings carry her above the canopy of leaves. Then swooping down she thought to herself,

I hope Gloria gets us out this time.

Prince Scorpion stared at the blood that covered his paws. The manticore then looked at the two bodies that lay in the sand in front of him. His mother and brother were dead now, so was his father. It somehow didn't pain him to know he was the one who held the bloody knife. He had no regrets... well maybe one. He wished he hadn't gotten his crown all sticky.

This is the start of a new century for me and for all manticores.

He stood up, his scorpion tail brushing the golden sand. A dark shadow suddenly cast over him, making him chilled to the bone, all the desert heat disappeared. He looked up, the new moon had moved completely over the sun, turning the sky red. A diamond ring of light was the the only thing left of the sun.

That was... unexpected.

He shrugged, turning to look back around at the sandy, stone walls of his fathe— no, his kingdom.

Well, at least it'll make for a certainly dramatic entrance!

At the sea town of Mare's Port, everypony was in panic. They ran and screamed, crashing into one another. Except for one. A small filly stood at the edge of the old, wood dock. His grey pelt was smooth, his red mane tidy. He was a model student at his academy, smart as a whip, and currently the only sane pony in this place! He looked at the eclipse above the sea, he watched the fishing boats rock back at forth on the water, and he sighed. It was all so underwhelming. He glanced back at the panic of the town, they saw it as an evil omen, he saw it as a Solar Eclipse. When the new moon orbits around the earth and aligns perfectly in front of the sun. He was smart and boy did he know it!

"You're destined for great things, Pixel."

Is what his mother always said, she was right, of course. As mothers usually are. And this time was definitely no exception.