Chapter 11: Yellow Veins and Returning Villians

"WHAT!!" grandmother yelled. "You did what?!"

"I looked into the orb's magic sort of absorbed me?" I said shifting uncomfortably. "I think it's the reason I have these veins."

I looked down at my legs and flinched away again, the veins had grown longer, more prominent, and more painful. My grandmother looked closely at them and sighed.

"I'll have to cut them open." she said slowly.

"You'll have to what now?!" I asked, I was not ready to have my legs cut open and we had other more important things to worry about including the danger that was coming closer and closer every second.

"If we don't they will take over your whole entire body and kill you. That orb is very dangerous Gloria and it is not to be messed with!" she said sharply.

"I wasn't messing with it!" I shouted. "I needed answers!"

I winced as the veins pulsed harder sending a spasm of agony that shook my body down to the core.

"It's getting worse." grandmother observed. "If I don't take them out now they'll take over."

"Ok! Ok! Just do it!" I yelled as another spasm shook me. "Just get it over with."

"Alright, but I have to warn you this might hurt a bit." she paused and looked at veins then continued. "Actually a lot, it'll hurt a lot."

"Oh..." I said.

"Yeah..." grandmother replied. "Are you ready?"

"Is no an answer?" I asked pleadingly and the look she gave me told me more than all the words she could say. "Ok, I'm ready."

It hurt, a lot and I screamed as grandmother drew them out. Blood pounded in my ears as the pain got worse and worse, I writhed in pain for hours as grandmother worked tirelessly until they were gone.

"Gloria? Can you hear me?"

My eyes started to flutter open and I groaned, my legs were soar and stiff and it felt like they would fall off at the slightest move.

"Uuunnhh" I mumbled in reply.

Then as I lay there thinking about how much it hurt the events of last night came back to me and my eyes flew open and I looked around, I wasn't in grandmother's room anymore, instead I was in a room full of buzzing and whirring instruments of all shapes and sizes, some glowed, others flew, and still others looked like potion bottles. I had never been in this room before, where was I? As if she'd read my mind grandmother answered.

"We're in the room of Magic Requirements and Healing Instruments or the MRHI." she spoke softly and slowly.

"We need to... protect... kingdom... he's coming." I said stopping in between words to breath in slowly to slow my steadily rising panic.

"Who?" grandmother asked confused.

"Time Warper" I replied and a look of horror spread over her face.