Chapter 36: Her Fault

Silence. The breeze from the strange, other end of the passage wove about me. It sent goosebumps up my spine, it chilled me to the bone.

"Now," Confetty finally spoke up. "Please go away Your Majesty, also I quit."

The she slammed the in my face.

"Wait! I just-"

But I knew it was pointless. I stared at the rotting wood in front of my eyes.

I'm a terrible pony.

I killed Falcon. It was very simple, I let my guard down and she was murdered.

And all because I thought my biggest problem was—

I stopped. In my mind a little piece clicked into its long forgotten place. As it did, I felt fire. Anger roared in my brain, burning.

Christilia.

I had only let my guard down because of her. Christilia was the one thing that had stopped me from killing that monster. I wanted to scream to anypony who would listen.
It was all her fault.

The next thing I knew, I was running. I was running up the stairs, down the entrance hall, through the dining room. I was mad, crazy. Ponies felt pain because of what she did. And know she yelled and hurt everypony around her. But she didn't care. I was going to make her pay and I didn't care what she said, it was time for the truth.
I knew she would be in the thrown room, probably yelling at the guards to do everything for her. She didn't even act like a queen. Half the time I was the only one in that room. As I rounded a corner, my hooves flying, the double doors came into view.

Time for some explanations!

Why was she being so cruel and heartless, why did she stop me from saving the kingdom? Time to finally find out. I practically rammed through the doors. They slammed behind me. Inside, Christilia sat on her thrown— no my thrown— staring down at two royal guards.

Just as I thought!

She looked up as dramatically entered the room. The two guards cowered and moved slowly into a corner by a large plant.

"YOU!" I yelled, walking strongly forward. "YOU NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH!"

I had never said those words before. A part of me thought it was wrong, but the rest of me was on fire. So I didn't care.

"Oh stop," Christilia hissed. "You're making a ruckus."

"SHUT UP!" I screamed at her.

She flinched back, startled.

"THIS IS ALL YOU'RE FAULT! YOU ARE A HEARTLESS BRAT!"

"STOP THIS!" she yelled back. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?"

"The pony who's gonna make you pay." I lowered my voice, growling. "This whole time, I thought it was me! That I was the one who got Falcon killed, that Lunacy only came back because of me!"

"What are you talking about?" Christilia's voice raised in fright.

"You yell, you hurt, you scream, and for what?" I challenged her. "Why?"

Christilia was cowering by my thrown, looking helpless. That wouldn't work on me.

"I wouldn't talk like that to me if I were you."

I froze, why was Christilia's voice so deep?

"W-hy not?" I asked, suddenly disturbed.

"LOOK OUTSIDE."

My heart clenched, I stared up at the thrown. Christilia was standing, but her body looked limp and sagging, like a puppet. And her eyes were white. I screamed, stumbling back.

"LOOK OUTSIDE." she replied. Her voice rang, as if somepony else spoke with her.

I turned, outside the moon was rising. Darkness followed, the sun shone brightly.

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!" Christilia was talking to me. "I WAS WONDERING WHEN YOU'D FIND OUT WHO I REALLY WAS."

"No." I felt like everything was falling, like the world would never be the same. "No you're lying."

Christilia shook her head, then laughed.

"OH, DON'T WORRY LITTLE ONE. I HAVE'NT ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS!" Christilia smiled, with all her teeth. "BUT, NOW CHRISTILIA WILL NEVER BE THE PONY YOU REMEMBERED!"

Outside, the moon began to cover the sun. Not Christilia turned her head to look at it.

"Is this you, Time Warper? Are you the one doing this to her?" I managed to ask.

Not Christilia laughed and laughed. A high pitched, icy laugh. One I remembered.

"Oh," my voice was hollow.

"OH? OH? I THINK THE QUEEN DESERVES MORE THAN AN OH!"

I growled. Staring up at the pony in front of me.

"Well," I tried to say calmly. "Welcome back Lamia."