Chapter 37: My Fault

This was all going to fast. It was spinning out of control.

"This isn't real! You're dead!" I yelled

"OH I AM! BUT MY LAST RESORT WASN'T!"

"What?" I was so confused.

"DEATH, SOMEPONIES CALLED IT! I LIKE TO THINK OF IT AS MY FAILSAFE!" Lamia, in Christilia's body, strode down the small flight of stairs to the thrown platform.

Then I remembered. My meeting with General Dawn, that's what terrorized everypony!

General Dawn said her soldiers had seen something frightening, it might have been them! But what are they?

"THEY ARE KNIGHTMARES, MY HIDDEN WARRIORS, THAT LIVED ON AFTER I WAS KILLED!" Lamia began to walk in circles around me.

"So you made them take over Christilia? Is that who she was talking to? Did you make her cruel?" I had so many questions.

"OH MY, MY, MY! YOU GOT IT ALL RIGHT! WHAT A SURPRISE!" Lamia laughed and continued walking around me. "EXCEPT FOR THE PART ABOUT HER TALKING TO ME! I WAS ACTUALLY TALKING TO HER!" Lamia grinned. "I GUESS I WASN'T EVER REALLY IN THE MOOD TO PLAY PERFECT LITTLE CRYSTAL DARLING! SO I WENT THE OTHER WAY."

"So when I was injured by Lunacy, you took her out when I was defenseless?" I glared at her. "Does that mean you're scared of me?"

Lamia's smiled widened, I'd never seen a smile so big on Christilia's face.

"EXACTLY! CHRISTILIA WAS DEFENSELESS WITHOUT HER PRECIOUS SAVIOR!" Lamia made a fake sad expression and then went right back to smiling. "YOU KNOW IT'S DISGUSTING, TWO MARES AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LOVE EACH OTHER! IT'S A DISGRACE! NO WONDER YOU'RE KINGDOM IS FALLING APART!"

"That's not your problem Lamia, and by the way nopony cares about your opinion." I hissed, now following her as she strutted in circles.

"OH! SOMEPONY'S ANGRY!" Lamia walked closer to me.

"Why are you back anyways? You know I can beat you! I've done it before!" I questioned.

I hope, I'm really freaking out, I can't take in half of it!

"NO YOU DIDN'T! SHE DID!" Lamia replied.

I stopped pacing, she was right. I didn't beat her, my mother did. And she died, if I died, the kingdom would fall!

"I'm not a little princess anymore! I've beaten all your hideous creations, I can beat you too!" I didn't think that was true. I had always had help, first the ancestors, then... Christilia. I couldn't believe I was about to yell at her face and tell her she was awful, it was my fault not hers. I just couldn't except the fact I was a murderer.

So I had to go blame her, I wonder if she felt hurt, if she could see what I was doing from inside her prison. I need to get her back.

"OH, BUT I'M STRONGER THAN TIME WARPER AND FIERCER THAN LUNACY!" Lamia shook her head. "GLORIA, OH GLORIA, YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE!"