Chapter 9: Answers and Returns

It was amazing. There were shelves upon shelves of books, so many that I couldn't count them all. There were scrolls, telescopes, hallways leading into more rooms filled with books, how did all this fit in one library? Was it bigger on the inside, how did it get here, how was this kept a secret? I was filled to the brim with questions and no answers to any of them.

Answers.

I thought, I need answers and what I first needed an answer to was where to start? I began to panic, there were so many different hallways and passages and tunnels that all led to huge rooms filled to the top with books, it would take me a year to find what I was looking for and I only had a day!

Oh heaven help me!

And as if somepony heard me I suddenly saw a room that was much brighter than the others of to my right. I cautiously walked towards it, my heart beating fast I slowly walked through the doorway and my breath was yet again taken away.

It was like the other rooms but there were tall pillars, a beautiful ceiling, and in the middle a ray of sunlight poured in and shone directly on the most amazing thing I had ever seen

It was like the other rooms but there were tall pillars, a beautiful ceiling, and in the middle a ray of sunlight poured in and shone directly on the most amazing thing I had ever seen. It was a crystal like ball, it glowed golden, magic seemed to swirl around it, and most of all seemed to contain the entire cosmos inside its depths. It stood in the middle of the room atop a small less beautiful pillar. I was transfixed by the ball and I was drawn towards it without even knowing what I was getting myself into. I stood in front of it and stared and maybe it was just a child's intuition or maybe I just thought it might work, I suddenly said:

"I need answers"

The magic around it swirled and flew towards me, absorbed in it's light my mind was filled with images and flashes in time.

The sky falling.

Time itself ripped apart.

Lives erased.

Ponies never born.

Timelines colliding to form an entire different universe.

And one pony standing watching and making it happen.

One pony who wasn't a pony at all.

Time Warper.

I pulled away from the light gasping and sweating. How did that happen? What was this ball of time and why had I never heard of it? It had showed me my answers. The pony I had seen in my dream was the pony Time Warper used to be. I remembered the dark crystals magic hitting the unicorn, transforming him, and the screaming- I shuddered. Had that dream been a warning that he was coming back from the exile Queen Sunbeam had thrown him into three thousand years ago?

Yes.

I thought suddenly. Yes it was, if Queen Lamia had come back why not Time Warper? My dreams were not dreams they were prophecies, visions of the future, the past, and the present. He was coming back. I had to warm grandmother. Now.