Chapter 3: His Personal Assistant

Chapter 3: His Personal Assistant

Jay was about to call someone when he heard a knock on his door so he stepped aside from calling the person he only trusted. 

He walked towards the door and opened it. Only to find that it was none other than one of his maids in this mansion.

What took her so long?

The corner of his lips rose up. "Where's my corn?" 

Riley smiled but he knew that it was a sarcastic one. She slightly lifted the silver platter that she was holding in front of him, making him frown at what he saw. 

Jay blink many times. "W-What the hell did you do to my corn?" he calmly said yet there's a hint of irritation in it.

The maid in front of him gasped. "Oh boy. Did I make it wrong, Master Jay?" 

Jay gritted his teeth. "I've been waited for you for thirty minutes just to find out that you've tortured my corn and turned it into a fucking popcorn?!" Jay couldn't take it anymore to raise a voice. 

He's pissed alright. 

Riley, on the other hand, refrains herself from laughing. She wanted to laugh hard seeing his face like that. 

Like a real angry bird!

"What's funny?" 

She calmed herself and bit her lower lip to stop herself from laughing. "Nothing, Master Jay. Uhm, sorry about that." 

Huh! That's what you get for that rudeness and arrogant attitude of yours, Master. Women should treat right with respect and manners, you asshole!

Riley cleared her throat. "You should have said that you like just pure corn and not pop corn." she pretends to be dumbfounded. "But I know now that you hated this." she pointed to the popcorn she was holding with her pouty lips. She sighed. "My effort was all trash." 

Riley turned her back on him to leave when she didn't expect that he would block her way and grab the silver platter she's holding.

"I'll take this. So that your effort wouldn't go wasted." he said while staring at her intently. "You owe me." 

And when he got out of her sight, she let out a dry laugh. 

And I was the one who owed him for that?

JAY CAN'T stop smiling since he entered his room. He cannot forget the face of his maid. She nearly cry and afraid that her effort will just be wasted. 

Even if he doesn't like corn fried, he still eats the popcorn she made. 

"She really owes me for this." he said while munching the popcorn inside his mouth in front of his laptop and typing something. 

It tastes bad for him yet salty and that covers the bitter flavor on his tastes buds. 

HOON WAS in a hurry when the morning came and he's looking for his maid slash personal secretary when going to his practice. 

"What's the rush?" Ethan asked while reading a newspaper when he felt his presence.  

"I don't want to be late--" Hoon was about to leave the mansion when he forgot his keys in his room. "Tsk. My keys." he went back upstairs. 

Ethan just shook his head and his gaze went to Riley who was reading the list of their groceries while walking like a zombie. 

Ethan cleared his throat to get her attention. But she didn't throw a glance at him. She continued walking while looking at the list of groceries like she had her own world. 

Ethan stood up and went to her then grabbed the list without her permission. 

"Hey-- M-Master Ethan…" 

"Why are you so serious about this?" He examined the list. "Woah, that's plenty of groceries." He handed her the paper. "Need a hand?" 

"Nope. I can manage." 

"Really? I'm free today and I have nothing to do so why could I just come with you?" he urged her.

Before she could even answer, Hoon came back from the second floor with his keys and also Jake who coincidentally came with Jay from the third floor.

"Tsk. My personal assistant can't come with me today. She said she had an important matter about her family. And it's confidential." Hoon irritatedly said. 

"Morning!" Jake greeted everyone. Always wearing his goofy smile wherever he saw her. "What's that?" he pointed the paper she was holding.

"The list of groceries, Master Jake." 

"Really? I'm free today and I could give you a ride to the grocery store--" 

"I already asked her that, Jake." Ethan cutted his words.

This is the first time Riley saw how Ethan is pissed right now. Is that because she declined? 

Jake crossed his arms over his chest and turned into his serious face and stared back at Ethan. "May I remind you that your car is in the workshop and the others are in the car wash? That's why you couldn't gave her a ride--"

"So?" Ethan pointed out. "We could just walk or call a taxi. There's a lot of ways if you really want to get something, Jake."

Jake stays silent until Hoon speaks. 

"How about Riley could come with me to my practice? I'm sure she can be a good personal assistant for a while--" 

"Hell, no." Ethan and Jake both said out of nowhere. 

The two were surprised and didn't expect that unexpectable jinx. 

"Don't tell me you three were arguing because of that witch?" Jay said beyond belief who's actually staying silent while leaning against the stairs. 

When the three didn't respond, he blew an unbelieving breath and stood up to go outside. But before he could temporarily leave the mansion, he faced his brothers. 

"Don't get crazy over a girl, fellas. It could kill you." he turned his back but faced them again. "By the way, just let her be. She said she could manage it by herself, right?" Jay simply glanced at her before he could leave the mansion. 

Before Ethan and Jake could talk, Hoon immediately grabbed her wrist and compulsory pulled her out of the mansion and guided her to enter his car and maneuver it to the garage. 

Jake called her name but Hoon didn't let her get out of his car. And when they were in the middle of the road, she started to complain and ask questions. 

"Why did you do that?" 

He didn't answer. 

"And strictly without my permission?" 

He didn't speak and just focused on the road. 

"I may be your maid and you're my Master but you're already out of the line. You forced me and that's actually implies by actual or threatened violence so that considered as criminally culpable and I have the right not to remain silence because--"

Her words had been cut off when he suddenly parked the car on the side of the road. 

Hoon faced her. "You're so noisy you know that?"

She held her chin high. "Yes and that's because you didn't answer even a single one of my questions." 

"I'm focusing on driving so what do you expect me to do? For your information, miss…" he emphasized the word miss. "...I just learned how to drive so please just shut that mouth of yours for me to concentrate on driving or you want us to get into an accident if you continue to chitchat." he started the engine. "Just ask away later when we arrive." 

Riley sighed in defeat and looked outside the window. 

If he could only tell me that he just learned how to drive, then I should just keep my mouth shut. 

"Don't worry, I'll be giving you a tip or bonus for being my personal assistant for today. Just do your job properly." Hoon ordered and a smile crept to her lips. 

~amph1trite~