Chapter 7: Grand Masquerade Ball

You can watch the video above to widen more your imagination. 🤗

This is just for entertainment purposes only.

Have fun reading, mermaids!

Chapter 7: Grand Masquerade Ball

A limousine stops in front of the venue where Riley, Madame Lacey and her husband are inside. She still cannot believe that this is happening and it felt like a dream to her. She felt like a princess that she never imagined. 

There are other royalties that are much more elegant than her. But what's more important is that she didn't look like a maid even just for tonight. She will savour the feeling of becoming a princess or duchess of this family. And no one knows that she's just a maid. Only Madame Lacey knows. 

Riley wanted to ask where her four Masters were because when the make-up artist and hairstylist were done with her to make her gorgeous in this Ball, she didn't saw any shadow of her Masters earlier at the mansion so she assumed that they were already here. 

She put on her mascara that covers her eyes and nose. She savoured the feeling through walking to the aisle on the entrance of this so-called castle that screams royalty and expensive looking. 

"Let's welcome, Madame Lacey Lee and Monsieur Hee Jeong Lee with their duchess, Lady Corinne Lee!" 

Riley felt goosebumps when she heard her name. Madame Lacey and her talk about changing her name and she agrees with it so no one could know her true identity. And besides. She's wearing a mask so she felt a little relieved. 

The moment the bellman announced their arrival at the entrance of the venue, all eyes were on them. Or should she say, to her. She can feel those eyes who raked to her a look from head to toe.  

Am I that awful to see? 

She suddenly felt ashamed. Maybe her make-up is already ruined or her dress is not that good and fit for a maid like her. She looked down and bit her lip to hide her shyness. 

"Hey, chin up, buttercup." Madame Lacey whispered in her ear and cheered her up. "You look gorgeous, dear. There's no need to feel ashamed, okay?" 

She nodded and forced a smile. 

Music filled her ears and when she looked around, all gentlemen were guiding their partner to the dance floor and started to do slow dance. She bit her lower lip when she noticed that she's the only one who has no partner. Madame Lacey is with her husband.

She sat on the vacant chair and watched them dancing on the dance floor. She felt ashamed of herself because she's the only one left seated and all of them were dancing with their partners. 

Riley roams around her gaze. Her brows furrowed when she saw her Master Jake and Hoon dancing with their partner. They're smiling and look happy. Their partners are really stunning and gorgeous. No wonder her two Masters fell for them.