Chapter 22: Who Is She?

Lacey Lee welcomed her second child, Jay with a hug inside the mansion. She misses Jay so much but the problem is, she can't help but to feel nervous if Jay could remember her now that he has amnesia.

The time Lacey found out that Jay was in an accident, Lacey lost consciousness about that news. When she finally woke up and Jay was in the ICU, Lacey decided to move him to a better hospital. In Toronto, Canada. She sent him there so he could have better treatment.

She felt relieved when she heard that Jay's operation went well but consequences happened. When he wakes up, he cannot remember the people who's close to him. His personal doctor who's with him while he's healing and his uncle, Lacey's brother who was always there with him in Toronto, cannot remember them either.

Lacey even lied to Ethan, Jake and Hoon about Jay. She said he's somewhere safe and he's busy. That's why the three didn't bother asking her anymore.

But a year later, the three went furious while entering the mansion to talk with her. That's when Lacey knew that they found out that she's lying. Thanks to Jake who's very good at hacking every database of different companies, hospitals and many more.

"Thank you for staying with him for three years, Luke."

Her brother nodded and patted Jay's shoulder. "No worries. What's important is that Jay can finally remember me now."

Lacey looked at his son. Jay felt her vision so he glanced at her. No emotion on his face.

She slowly touched his cheek. "Jay... c-can you remember me?" He remained silent. "It's me, your mother. Don't you remember me, my son?"

She waited for him to answer but seconds passed, he didn't speak. She hopelessly sighed and motioned him to sit down on the couch.

"I'm going to make some tea." She said and about to go to the kitchen when she heard him speak.

"Mom."

Without blinking, she turned to him and hugged him tight while sobbing. "Thank God you remember me."

"M-Mom, I can't b-breathe."

She gasped and immediately let him free from her tight hug. "Oh, sorry, my son. I just missed you so much."

"Bro!"

"Hyung!"

"You're back, jackass!"

As if on cue, Ethan, Jake and Hoon suddenly appeared at the mansion. It's now midnight and based on Jay's expectation, they just came to a bar because he smelled alcohol when they entered.

But before they could even hug Jay, their mother stopped them.

"Hold right there, my sons. You know that your brother is sick, right?" She looks back to Jay with an apologetic look then brings back her gaze to the three. "Give him some time and let him rest. Maybe someday... he will remember you--"

"It's okay." Jay interfered. "I can clearly remember these fuckers."

The three gentlemen laugh and rush to him and they did a group hug.

"H-Hey! Get off me!" Jay shouted.

They didn't let him go. Not until when their mother spoke.

"Oh hey, Riley. Come in. How's school?"

RILEY BITED her lower lip and looks down on her stiletto. She feels awkward at the atmosphere when Jay looks at her. The same look as he looked at her at the Amusement Park.