Chapter 31: Last Words

Jake was playing with Layla to divert his thoughts about Riley when his phone rang.

His mood changed when it's his father.

"What?"

"How are you, my son? I just called to inform you that we're on the plane going to Seattle." His father said.

Jake suddenly coughed and choked on his own saliva. "W-What?"

"We're on our way there to Seattle. And don't ask why. We just wanted to see our sons. We can't wait for that important thing you'll tell us."

Damn...

Jake stood up to get his car key and went to the garage. "Okay, then. I'll tell my brothers."

"Thanks, son."

He stilled. "For what?"

"For slowly accepting me in your life."

A thought came into his mind. Let's see that when you're in the court.

He ended the call and started the engine of his tesla and drove it to the Bar Cave.

"HELLO, DAD?"

Ethan answered his father's phone call right after his stage performance at the Bar Cave with his band.

It's quite loud inside the bar so he stepped outside to hear clearly his father on the other line.

"My son, I called to remind you that our flight is today so expect us there tomorrow afternoon." his father said.

Ethan was stunned yet managed to speak. "Oh. I didn't expect that. I thought you booked a flight for next week? What's the fuss, dad?"

His father chuckled on the other line. "Well we just wanted to see our sons so soon. And I'm excited to hear that important thing that you'll tell us when we get there."

His face paled. If he only knew the reason why he and his brothers wanted to see their fathers, then they definitely wouldn't want to go back here in Seattle and just stay there in Florida.

Ethan shook his head.

Just think of mom. He hurt and left mom for the second time. He said to himself.

He sighed. "Okay. Goodluck on your trip. Bye."

Before he could end the call. His father spoke.

"Just remember, my son. Your dad loves you. And your mom."

Then why did you leave her?

He was about to ask when the line ended. He squatted at the edge of the road outside the bar where he stands.

Minutes later, a tesla stopped in front of him. He saw Jake stepped out in the driver seat.

He stood up and faced him. "What brings you here in the middle of the night?"

Jake raised his phone. "My father called. He told me that their flight is today." he sighed and murmured a curse. "Hyung, what are we going to do?"

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows. "Why asking me? You're the one who's smart in handling crazy plans and making decisions."

Jake rolled his eyes. "Well you're the elderly among us four so you create our next plan."

"Tsk. You little..." Ethan murmured.

Jake just sticks out his tongue at him. "We already finalized everything at the court for our case next week. We can't cancel that and move for tomorrow."