Chapter 24: Model For The Day

The moment Riley saw Lotte at their meeting area, she waved her hand to catch her attention. 

"Riley!" Lotte went to her and giggled. "I'm so excited!" 

"Yeah, me too. Where are the others?" 

Suddenly, Lotte pouted. "About that, we have to separate for awhile because Professor Liam said that all archi students must be on the bus 1 and nursing students must be on the bus 2 and so the other courses." 

She sighed and tapped her cheeks. "That's okay. Don't worry. We will see each other at the beach, right?" 

Lotte forced herself to nod. "Yeah but you know I don't have any friends in my class. It's gonna be awkward for me if I join them knowing that I'm not sociable." 

"Try it." She urged her and positioned her arm on her shoulder. "It's not bad if you try to be friends with them." 

Lotte rolled her eyes at her. "Coming from you, who's very introverted, huh?"  

"Hahaha, it's easier said than done." 

They both laugh and chit-chat while waiting for their other classmates and batchmates. 

When their professor informed them that it's time to hop in their respective bus, Lotte hugged Riley before they separated their ways. 

Riley has been silent the whole ride. She was the opposite of her classmates who're non-stop talking nonsense and gossiping about anyone's business. 

"Girl, do you know that there will be a photoshoot near the beach that we're going to?" Her classmate Heidi giggled. 

She's seated in front of her so she could hear what they were talking to. Not that she's eavesdropping their conversation. She just can't help but hear them even if she doesn't want to. 

"Oh? What about it?" Heidi's friend replied. She's sitting beside Heidi.

She giggled once again. "They said the photographer is so handsome! And he's a photographer here and outside of the country! He's also famous because of his wonderful and amazing shots. That's why the team of cosmetic commercials hired him today for a photoshoot near the beach!" 

Her friend clapped her hands in glee. "Oh my god! The female model is going to be lucky!" 

"I know right?" 

Riley sighed and shut her eyes down. Their estimated time of arrival is four hours before they could reach their destination. 

JAKE WAS in a hurry while he's on his phone with the assistant director of his project today. 

"We have a problem. Ms. Emma Relish, our female model, couldn't make it for the photoshoot. She said an emergency came to happen while they're on their way to the venue." The assistant director informed him. 

Jake heavily sighed. "How about hiring someone with good looks, potential and confidence? You said this project is needed as soon as possible, right?" 

The person on the other line shouted in frustration. "That's a good plan but, I don't see any female here that suits for the commercial." 

"Oh, crap." 

"And we had another problem." 

"What?" He messes his hair. "And that is?" 

"Our male model also couldn't make it. His driver just called the manager that there's a misunderstanding that happened while they're on their way here. But they assured that no one has been harmed or hurted." She said, "By the way, we need you here now. See you."