Chapter 1: Meet My Masters

Chapter 1: Meet My Masters

The moment Riley steps foot on Mrs. Lee's mansion, she suddenly felt little on herself. The house is so much bigger than she ever imagined. She bet that people who lived here have golden spoons in their mouths. She looked down at her clothes. She looks like a commoner inside this mansion and she will never ever fit in this place.   

The female butler assists her to the maid's quarter where she will stay. After that, the butler assists her on every part of the mansion so that she won't get lost if ever she's alone. 

"Is this even real?" she asked herself while staring at the huge chandelier.  

She heard an unfamiliar chuckle. "Yes. And you better believe it." 

When turn her gaze to the one who spoke, a very handsome man welcomed her with a goofy smile on his face. 

He offered her a hand shake. "Hi. My name's Jake and I'm handsome." 

Her mouth slightly opened when he lifted his own chair. But she can't blame him though. He's downright gorgeous like a prince. 

"Oh, H-Hi, Master J-Jake." She accepted his hand. "I'm Riley Gomez. The new maid here." 

His smile widened. "Well, then. Nice to meet you, Riley. I hope we can be good friends." 

Hmm, that's weird. She thought. My old masters are not this friendly. And he seems like he's not that hard to befriend. 

The female butler spoke. "He's one of our Masters here in the mansion. The other three are too busy at the moment so just start with your duty by watering the plants of Master Hoon in the greenhouse." 

She automatically nodded. "Copy that." 

Before she left, she bid goodbye first to her Master Jake so that she could start the purpose of coming here. 

RILEY SIGHED in exhaustion after watering the whole greenhouse. Who wouldn't be this tired when the greenhouse is so freaking huge?! 

She sat on the bench to relax herself but she forgot to turn off the hose sprinkler that she used. She gasped when she accidentally wet someone in an expensive suit in front of her.

Riley looked up and guiltiness coated her system.  

"I'm sorry!" She immediately begged for her sin. 

The man with no emotion written on his face, removed his coat and necktie and then he faced her. 

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" he asked coldly. 

She looked down on her shoes. "I'm the new maid here, M-Master." 

She looked up to see his reaction. But his emotion didn't change. 

"You don't look like one. Why don't you change your clothes to look like you're a maid in this mansion?" 

Her eyebrows furrowed. She expected that he's going to scold her or throw her out of the greenhouse but none of that happend. 

He's calm, gentle and… caring? And sometimes it is hard to read what comes to his mind.

An introvert I see.

But he's kinda straight to the point. 

"Y-Yes, Master--"

"It's Master Hoon. And nice to meet you, beautiful." he said and left with his wet coat. 

SHE WENT back to the maid's quarter to change into a maid's outfit like her Master Hoon's order. Time passed and she didn't even recognize that it's already past five o'clock.