Chapter 35: The Hot Match

Ethan, Jake and Hoon gasped when Riley ran towards the exit of the big theatre where the graduation ceremony was being held. 

Hoon noticed that Ethan was about to follow her so he stopped him. "Let her be." 

"Yeah," Jake smiled sadly. "We have to learn to let her go and be with the man she loves." 

Jake and Hoon already cleared that Jay was the one that Riley likes for years. And Jay likes Riley. It's just Jay who wasn't sure about Riley's feelings. 

How did they know? Ethan told them when they got home last night and they're still drunk while talking in the living room where Jay is nowhere to be found. 

And as for Jay's young brothers, Jake and Hoon give up on Riley. For their Jay hyung. They knew that Jay already suffered too much pain when he's still young because of his father and when he lost his memories and had amnesia.

They hadn't been with Jay for three years so they wanted to compensate and give him everything that he deserves. And also for Riley. For serving them for years without hearing any complaints.

ETHAN STILLED at what Jake said. 

Be with the man she loves… 

He shook his head and still chose to follow Riley. He didn't bother to look back when his brothers were calling him. 

"Riley! Riley!"

He ran fast to catch up with her. They were in the exit of the school. He saw her stop a cab and was about to get in when he stopped her from holding her hand. 

She glanced at him. "E-Ethan?" 

His pleading eyes looked deeply into her eyes. "Please… don't go." He was begging her not to go. "Stay with me, Riley." He started to tear up. "Please… choose me." 

"E-Ethan… w-what are you saying?" 

He tightened his knuckles to calm himself down. To stop himself from crying but he failed. "Am I not that… enough? Is there something that I've been lacking? Please tell me. I'm ready to do it for you." He sobbed. "I-I've tried my best to be a good man for you but it looks like you only see me as your brother. I-I know that y-you like Jay. And your feelings have gone deep for him and now you already love him." 

Ethan held her both hands. "Why can't I receive that love from you? Why can't you choose me?" His tears were like waterfalls falling down from his eyes down to his cheeks. "Please… choose me, Riley." He was desperately pleading. 

Riley was too stunned to speak and didn't know what to say. She was shocked that Ethan was actually showing his feelings for her. The Ethan Lee she knows was not like this. He was strong. Strong enough not to break out like this. 

But does she truly know the real Ethan Lee behind his strong aura? He might be strong outside but deep inside, he's broken down. 

Riley knew that Ethan did everything for her to be happy in those years without Jay. And she appreciated it so much. And the time when Ethan saved her from a car accident then Jay kidnapped her, she will never forget how Ethan was worried for her life. 

But she can't stop her heart from choosing the man she truly loves. Yes, she loves her masters. Ethan, Jake and Hoon. But Jay is a different story. 

He's the man that makes her heart beat faster than normal. He makes her happy and unexplainable emotions that Jay can only do to her no matter how she denies it.