Chapter 28: Cut Ties

Riley was still unconscious when they arrived at the mansion. Jake asks the director of their photoshoot if they could ride in their van with them.

Jay didn't answer his calls. He knew that Jay uses his Tesla on their way home. But he wasn't fully sure if their stuff was with him. Good thing he asked his co-worker on the photoshoot to check their room if their luggage was still there.

His co-worker says yes. And immediately insists on bringing their luggages before they fetch them at the hospital.

Jake shook his head on the thought that Jay left them with his car. He even didn't know what was the reason why he didn't answer his calls or texts.

Is he ignoring me?

The last thing he thought was that they're good and okay once Jay left the room last night. So what change?

ETHAN WENT downstairs in a flash when he saw Jake and Riley stepped out from the van when they arrived at the mansion. Jake was carrying Riley so he immediately felt worried.

"What happened?" He asked.

Hoon, who's in the living room, turned off the TV when he heard them and saw Riley unconscious.

"Why are you carrying her in your arms like that?" He asks curiosity.

Before Jake could even answer their questions, he deposited Riley first inside her room. Ethan and Hoon followed him.

"It's a long story." Jake said while staring at Riley. He glanced at the two when he remembered something. "Where's Jay hyung?"

Ethan and Hoon looked at each other and said. "I thought he's with you."

Jake stilled.

So he's not coming back yet.

His jaw tightened. "Watch over Riley. I'm gonna track him and find where he was." He ordered and left the room.

But before he could leave the room, Hoon stopped him by his words.

"We have a problem."

Jake silently cursed inside his mind. He needs to find Jay and he's worried about Riley and now, there's another problem?

He brushed his palm over his face. "What is it?"

"Mom told us that our dads want to move to California and they're planning to take us there. The Hybe branch here in the U.S. might go bankrupt if we won't handle it together. So they said that they might as well migrate to California with us. The Hybe branch there was doing well as they spoke. But of course mom doesn't like that idea especially when my dad broke up with her last month." Ethan was the one who answered him.

"She had nothing if we left her. She only has us beside her." Hoon said.

Jake felt his heart torn into pieces. Not for himself but for their mother. She's so unfortunate when it comes to love.

That's why they saluted their mother for not abandoning them even if they're half flesh and blood of the men she'd dated many years ago and hurted her.

"We'll plan this tomorrow." Jake was surely informed. "And no. We're not going to leave mom."

Ethan and Hoon puffed air in frustration after Jake left the room.

AFTER TWELVE hours, Riley finally woke up and remembers everything that happened at the beach then in the hospital.

And then she remembered Charlotte.