Chapter 8: Like A Fever

One week has passed but the kiss felt like it happened just yesterday. In those one week, Riley was spacing out and her mind still couldn't forget her first kiss that the stranger with the blonde hair stole.

This is not happening! I didn't even know him! But why the hell did I kiss him back?

"You okay?"

Riley went out of her reverie when Ethan popped out in front of her. She knew that Ethan seems to be noticing that she's spacing out these past few days. He just didn't open up the topic. Which is a good thing.

"Y-Yeah, I think my head is just spinning."

Ethan grabs her cleaning tools on her hands and puts them back the way they were. Then he motioned his hand to her to sit on the couch.

She obliged. She's really tired with a heavy feeling on her head.

"There. Rest. I know you've been spacing out everyday." he crossed his arms over his chest. "Now, tell me, Riley. Is there someone or something that keeps bothering you? Don't get me wrong. I can just sense that you have a problem."

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. I'll be fine." she smiled to make him believe in her.

But Ethan seems didn't give a damn. He's just looking in her eyes like he's reading what comes from her mind.

"After we went from the Ball, where did you go? I didn't see you here when we arrived. Did mom give you a day-off to visit your grandmother? Oh wait-- Did something happen to your grandmother that's why you're being like this?"

Shit, what am I gonna say?

After that kiss that she and the stranger shared, she feels butterflies in her stomach especially when his deep brown intimidating eyes look into hers with full of admiration like she's the most precious girl for him and the prettiest woman in the Ball.

But when she came back to her reverie, that's when she realised her stupidity. So she ran away from that man with blonde hair and went back to their table where Ethan, his brothers and his parents were. She already forgot to pee because of that stupid kiss.

And when the Ball ended, Madame Lacey talked to her in secret where the two of them were alone. She said that she had to ride in a separate car in order not to be seen by her Masters. They will be in the limousine with Madame Lacey and her husband. But the car that she rode to go to the Mansion is still owned by Madame Lacey so she didn't have to worry. All that she worry was that stupid kiss they shared with the stranger for goodness sake!

Of course the limousine arrived at the Mansion before the car where she was. Then she secretly entered the back door of the mansion like a spy. She felt like she had many roles on this day. From being a maid, duchess, spy, and back from being a maid.

I'm very outstanding. I think I deserve an award. She sarcastically said inwardly.

"HELLO? Riley, are you still there?"

She shook her head many times when Ethan wiggled his hands in front of her face. "Y-You were saying?"

Ethan sighed and shook his head. "Nothing. Rest, okay? I'll be back." He said and was about to leave when she remembered something.

"Ahm, do you know where Master Jay is?"

He turned his face to her and shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe he's at his penthouse."

Her eyes widened. "He had a penthouse?!"

"Yeah. Actually all of us had. And I sometimes spend my day there when I get bored here in the Mansion."

Ethan bid goodbye again to her. He has something to do with his guitar on his back.

But her mind stuck at what he said.

So he had a penthouse? Is that where he spends his whole week?

Riley noticed that before she could even leave the mansion to go to the Ball, she didn't see her Master Jay anywhere. Neither is his shadow. And she did all she could to find him at the Ball but no. She failed and did not see him there. It's just her Master Jake, Hoon and Ethan. Until one week passed, he still did not show himself to her nor to his family.

I think?

Or only to her.

A thought came to her mind when she remembered where he was.

Maybe that's where he brings his girls and do some nasty--

Okay stop there.

She shook her head and decided to go back from being a housemaid so that she could somehow forget Master Jay. She shouldn't have been thinking that way. It's bad for her health.

PREPARING DINNER was easy but as of now, Riley felt that it was the most hard thing to do. Her body is killing her. She felt that her body was giving up to her in a few seconds. But she has to fight this feeling. She has to work in order to get her salary.

She lifted up her face when she heard footsteps coming from the living room. Then one of her Masters showed up.

"Is the food ready? I'm hungry." Jay said with no emotion written on his face while pulling a chair and sat.

She automatically assists him. Giving him rice, viand and side dishes on his plate. But before she could even full his plate, he suddenly grabs his hand. Softly and lightly.

She stunned and stilled at what he did. His touch was sending her electricity all over her body especially her heart that it beats so damn faster than normal.

"You're hot." voiced out.

Riley's cheeks redened. "W-What... Ahm, I-I'm not s-sexy."

A smile crept on Jay's lips when he noticed that she misinterpret his words.

"Not figuratively, Riley." he explained while looking into her eyes. "What I mean is, you're burning in hot. Do you had a fever?" he sounds worried.

Riley blinked and check herself. She put the back of her palm on her forehead.

Shit! He's right!

Now she understands why it's hard to do her duties today. Her body was giving up ob her but she's so numb not to realised that she's having a fever.

When she faced him, her vision was spinning and turns to blurry. She tried to fight the dizziness coating her head when she saw Jay saying something but she couldn't hear it. Until she lost consciousness.

JAY WAS numbling seeing Riley lost her consciousness. Good thing he catched her before she could even fell on the floor.

He deposit her on his room and immediately called their family doctor to check up on her. Then minutes later the doctor showed up and check Riley. He said that she's experiencing so much stress mentally and physically. She had low immune system so she instantly catch a fever.

Fuck fever!

Jay actually had a plan with her. He was about to ask her to join him for dinner but she just lost her consciousness which drive him crazy for worrying.

But damn, why the hell am I taking care this woman?

Maybe it's because the kiss we shared last week. He thought in his mind.

He walked towards to his bed where Riley is lying down and still unconscious. He stared at her face down to her lips.

He caressed her hair and whispered. "If you think that the kiss we shared will never happen again, well I guess buckle up, baby. I have some more plan to do with you."

~amph1trite~