Chapter 13: It's My Turn

"Okay. I'll find her too."

Ethan calmly started the engine of his car and drove it somewhere where Riley could possibly be. He had no destination to go but there was a place on his mind that Riley is now.

To her grandmother.

He will do everything he can to find every hospital where her grandmother is. He had lots of connections after all. He could pull off some strings to the higher up so they'll find her fast.

Ethan stepped onto the break when he encountered a crossroad and the light sign was on red code. He sharpened his eyes on the people who's crossing in front of him. Assuming that one of them could be Riley.

But thirty seconds had passed, he didn't even see a shadow of her.

He was about to drive his car when a fast motorcycle passed beside his car. His eyes widened when he saw a woman running to the crosswalk but it's too late. The light sign is on green light so the vehicles are going to move forward and the motorcycle exactly hit the woman on her side.

Her body slightly lifted and then slammed to the hood of his car causing a deafening sound. Then the next thing he knew, he was stepping outside to check the woman.

He saw a pool of blood running out of her body. The people around who saw the incident were panicking and the others were calling 911.

Ethan approached the woman. He didn't know why he set aside her hair that covers her face. His heart nearly shut down when he saw her beautiful angelic face.

"Oh, God… R-Riley…"

A tear went down to his cheeks as he lifted her body and carried her to his arms. He rested her head to his shoulder then he carefully slid her inside his car and drove it to the nearest hospital as fast as he could.

"Hey! There's a patient here!" He loudly calls the nurses inside the emergency room.

The four nurses immediately approached him and helped him lay her body on the stretcher then they pushed it to a room that he didn't know what to call.

Ethan was panting and shaking as he grabbed his phone inside his pocket to call Jake and Hoon to tell them that he found Riley and tell them what hospital they were in. He can't reach Jay. He's line was out of coverage.

JAY WAS pissed when he forgot to charge his phone that's why it's out of battery. Now he can't receive text messages or calls to his brothers to know an update about Riley.

He searched every hospital in the city to find Riley's grandmother. That's the only thing that Jay knows where Riley is. She had no phone to contact her after all. And thanks to Jake's father.

That son of a bitch!

His eyebrows furrowed as he walked to the exit of the hospital when he didn't see a broken tile so he tripped and fell to his knees.

"Tsk. What a lucky day of my life." He murmured so sarcastically.

Jay was about to get up when his eyes caught something behind the curtain. That's when he noticed that this was the emergency room when lots of nurses were on his way with their patients.

He stood up and drew near to the hospital bed behind a curtain that was slightly moving because of the air.

He parted the curtain and his jaw nearly dropped when he saw her lying on the bed unconscious with a bandage on her head. She looks so pale and it's obvious that she runs out of blood.