Chapter 26: Hot Tub

Chapter 26: Hot Tub

A fake smile never left Riley's face while she's listening to Lotte's experience when she accepted the offer for being a model all of a sudden.

She admitted that she wanted to be happy for her best friend but she just can't get enough of the bitter feeling that coated her mind, heart and soul.

This feeling is new to me.

They were sitting near the sea when the night came with their batchmates. They have different worlds but they were in a circle while burning a marshmallow on the bonfire.

"Hey, Riley, are you listening?"

She blinked three times. She came back from her reverie when Lotte spoke.

"H-Huh?"

Lotte winced and shook her head. "Nevermind. Anyway, Professor Liam said that there are two guests that will spend the night in our room since there are enough two vacant beds." She bit her marshmallow.

Riley nodded. Still spacing out. She had no energy to talk. In fact, she just wanted to lie on the bed to sleep and if possible, when she woke up, all her negative thoughts vanished.

She stood up and bid goodbye to the others. She reasoned that she's tired and sleepy. Lotte said she will stay for some fresh air and to heaten up in front of the bonfire.

While walking to the corridor inside the boutique hotel and spinning the key on her index finger, she noticed something was off.

She stood five meters away from the door of their room. Her eyebrows tugged up when the door was slightly opened. Like the resident left it open.

Holy crap!

Thinking that a thief entered their room, she kicked the door so hard causing it to slam to the other side and making a loud sound. Good thing it didn't break down.

"Oh mah god!"

"J-Jake?" She grimaced when she just heard his British accent.

"Hey," Jake was stunned.

Riley couldn't say a word. She was just stunned too to see him here in their room.

"Uhm, are you lost?" She glanced around the room and pointed to their unpacked luggage. "Those are mine and my friend's. So practically, this is our room." Her brows tucked up. "Why are you here?"

Jake pointed to the vacant bed. Across her bed. "This is where we gonna spend our night. And hey, there's no room left for us so please don't throw us away. We don't want to sleep on the sand." he chuckled.

"W-Wait… We? Us? You mean there's one more?"

Her eyes moved to the other vacant bed. And yes, there's a toothbrush, toothpaste, hair gel, razor and men's stuff scattered on the bed.

Holy moly!

"Yep. Me and Jay hyung." Jake replied.

Shit! How could I even forget he's with Jake?

"Oh, okay."

She went beside her luggage on top of the bed and started to get her toothbrush, toothpaste, towel and a pair of pyjamas. She hid her underwear inside her shirt when she felt Jake's eyes staring at her.

She stood up and cleared her throat. "I'm just going to take a half-bath. I felt sticky all of a sudden." She pointed to the door she kicked. "Could you please guard the door for me? And sorry for what happened earlier. I just panicked. I thought that there's a thief stealing our things."