Chapter 17: A World To Fit In

Hoon noticed that Riley had been spacing out after Jay's confession at the hospital. She's like a zombie while feeding her grandmother. And if she ever talked to her, she smiled a bit, nodded and just a few words came out from her mouth.

Ethan, Jake and him talked to her and asked her where she will spend her night. She answered that she will stay with her grandma's side as soon as she recovers. She's fired at her job from being their maid after all. So she had nothing to do with them now.

She said that while her grandmas not yet having her surgery, she will look for a new job. Hoon insists on helping her. So as Ethan and Jake.

"What job exactly do you offer to me?" Riley broke the silence inside Hoon's car.

He did a side smile. "You'll know when we get there."

Riley put her fingers below her chin. Acting like she's thinking deeply. "Hmm, let me guess, you'll offer me a job as your personal assistant, right?"

Hoon laughed so hard. "No! I won't let you be my personal assistant again. I think I just had a trauma after I offered you to be my PS."

Rileys smile faded as soon as she remembered why. Jay kidnapped her with his motorcycle. But to her, it wasn't intentional. He didn't force her in the first place to come with him.

It's just that she had to go to the grocery store to pick up some foods and things at the mansion the day when she was still a maid. She panicked and forgot that she was with her Master Hoon that day.

"We're here."

She came back from her reverie when Hoon spoke.

Here?

"What are we doing here? You said I will no longer be your personal assistant?"

Hoon asked her to come inside and handed her jacket to avoid coldness.

"Yeah. But your grandma said other than doing household chores, you want to be a makeup artist?"

Yes, it's true. Her grandma mentioned that to them when they found her at the Royals Hospital. They entertained her grandma while she's checking up by the nurses.

They asked her questions. And the thing is, their questions are all about her. About what she likes and loves. From her favorite color to her dream profession.

Her face lit up. "Yes! I want to be a makeup artist. But sad to say, I have no experience with makeup. I didn't even try putting any makeup on my face because you know…" she shrugged. "I couldn't afford it."

He wanted to cheer her up so he pulled her into a room.

She bet that it was a room for the performers where they could rehearse and make themselves presentable for the ice skating show.

When he opened the door for her, a very beautiful lady welcomed her sight. She was standing in front of the mirror. Looking elegant and stunning on her leotard that hugs her curves and paired with a sexy skirt.

Her hair is in a braid and spun to make it a perfect bun. Now she looks like Princess Odette from the Swan Lake Princess.

"Pretty." She commented.

"You're pretty too." Hoon said and he approached the lady.

She looked down on her shoes when the lady welcomed Hoon with a hug. She even tiptoed to kiss him on both of his cheeks.

"How are you, gorgeous?"

"I'm great, handsome." She answered politely. "I'm actually rehearsing some of my routines. But all in all, it went well."

Hoon smiled and caressed her cheeks. "That's good." He glanced at her. "Oh, I want you to meet Riley. And Riley, she's my partner for the upcoming ice skating show. Her name is Ysabelle Lim."

The beautiful lady smiled and approached her. "Hi, there, Riley. It's very nice to meet you." She offered her hand for a handshake.

Wow. She's very formal. 

"I'm Ysabelle Lim but you can call me Ysa."

She smiled back and accepted her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you too. I'm Riley Gomez."

"By the way, she's here to be our new makeup artist."

Her eyes automatically widened.

"Are you nuts?!" She half screamed. "I don't have any experience with makeup! No. I can't be your makeup artist. Please find someone else with a good experience. Not an unskillful like me."

She walked away and went out of that room. She didn't know where to place herself. She's not fit for their world. She's just a simple girl with a simple life.

But when she entered the mansion, her life changed. She's becoming something she didn't expect of. She must know her place. And being a makeup artist isn't suited for a poor girl like her who didnt even graduate college.

She left the arena but before she could even call a cab that would bring her to the hospital, a man with his motorcycle stopped in front of her.

He took his helmet and Jay welcomed her sight.

"Hop on. We're going somewhere. To a place that you will surely love."

Without even thinking twice or saying anything, she hopped on at the back of him and waited for him to take her somewhere.

I think I needed some fresh air to breathe.

~amph1trite~