Chapter 18: She's Hired!

After walking out of room 708 at the Royals Hospital, Jay went straight to the mansion to see his mother, Madame Lacey, who just got home from states with Ethan's father.

"Mom, we need to talk." Jay uttered.

"If it's about Riley, then we had nothing to talk about."

Madame Lacey went to the living room and sat on the couch beside Ethan's father.

He followed her then he sat on the single sofa in front of them.

"Why did you fire her? Why did you listen to that 'James the bastard'? Riley had nothing to do with us and she didn't do anything wrong. She's innocent here so bring her back." his blood was boiling inside.

Jay was persistent to bring Riley back to the mansion. He knew that Riley will suffer from finding a job that will suit for a non-graduate like her. It's her and her grandma's life they're talking about.

That's why he helped her grandma to get surgery and her expenses. While they're together previously, he bought her new clothes and other girls' stuff. He's thankful that she didn't question any of what he did for her.

And if her grandmother was done with her surgery, he would suggest to her to go back to school even if she's working as a maid in the mansion.

He even bought an apartment already near the mansion for her grandmother just in case Riley misses her. If possible, he wanted her grandma to live with her at the mansion. But that's out of the line for now knowing that his mother fired Riley.

He will do everything to make his mother agree to taking Riley back.

"Wake up, Jay. Don't you see that she's the reason why you and your brothers started to do some evil dids? She may take my side for telling me what evil plans that you all had in mind for your fathers but she's also the reason why your future company is going down. If you all let this happen, then your company is going to get bankrupt. Do you want that?"

Madame Lacey sighed and massaged her forehead.

Jay clenched his jaw. "I don't care about the company." He said without hesitation. "Ethan, Jake and Hoon don't care either. They had their dream profession. And so am I. We didn't need our fathers company nor to be the future heiresses just to become successful in life.

"You know what, Mom? We all have our own strategy when it comes to business. So why the heck blame us or Riley if the company goes down?" He clenched his fist. "Blame our fathers. The company relies on their hands." 

Madame Lacey was stunned to speak. Either her lover, Mr. Hee Jeong Lee. Ethan's father.

Jay laughed dryly. The tip of his lip rose up. "I really thought that you're good to her when you let her pretend to be the duchess of this family that night at the Masquerade Ball."

His mom couldn't believe him when her eyes widened and her lips parted.

"You knew?!"

He shook his head. "Tsk. Mom, I'm not blind or stupud enough not to recognize her. That day, my brothers left this mansion before you two. They wanted to check the venue while I was MIA for the whole day for the reason I dyed my hair blonde. I just wanted my face to look new." He shrugged. "You know, try something I've never done before. But don't worry, before I went straight home that night, of course I dyed my hair back to its color. I might be scolded by you.

"Anyways, when I saw her exactly that night, I felt like the people around suddenly vanished and it was only her and I was on that ball. Yeah, it's weird. But I was beyond shocked and amazed that she's so beautiful, gorgeous and stunning in her dress. She looks like a goddess." Jay smiled. Remembering her beautiful face.

But his smile suddenly faded. "I still can't believe that you actually made her pretend to be the duchess of this family so you could brag to your business partners and friends that you had a daughter. Really, Mom? You just made her our little sister. And that makes me mad. Very." He deeply sighed. "But how did I notice her? Well, it's just I would never forget those tantalizing eyes of hers. Her eyes that I would never choose to look away. That's why I was tempted to kiss her. So I did."

"What?!"

His mother shouted and stood up from her seat.

"I can't help it." He shrugged. "But sad to say, she didn't recognize me. Probably because of my hair. Which is a good one. Because if she recognises me, God knows how much she will hate me to the core." He hopelessly sighed and pressed his palm together.

"So what do you say, Mom? Now that you know how loyal she is to you for doing everything you told her to do, and not choosing to take our sides, do you still hate her?"

His mother remained silent.

He smirked.

My Mommy just needs some lovin'.

He went beside his mom and hugged her tight from the side.

"Oh, come on, Mom. I know you're pretty and not like this. Have mercy on her, please? Or better yet, think of her as your youngest daughter. But not as our sister. Maybe your daughter in law." Jay grinned.

His mom sighed and patted his head softly. "And now you're being sweet and cringe again as before." She faced him and cupped his face. "Tell me, my son. What did she do to you for being back to your old self years ago? Hmm, do you like her?"

Jay bit his lip to hide his smile.

"What did she do to me?" he chuckled. "She drives me crazy, Mom. And to answer your last question, yes. I like her. So much. Not as a friend but as a woman. I like her for being her. No more, no less."

And for what I said to her at the hospital earlier, that's the biggest lie I've ever done to myself.

Slowly, his mother formed a smile on her lips and caressed his cheeks. "Oh my son, you've grown so fast. I'm happy that you're being back to your old self again. And if that makes you happy, for bringing her back here at the mansion, then I considered that she's hired again."

"Yes!"

Jay stood up and shouted in happiness. He even punched the air while grinning ear to ear.

"Thank you, mom!" I love you so much!" He hugged his mom very tight.

"Anything to make my son happy." she replied.

Seconds later, Jay broke the hug. "Before I forgot, please don't tell my brothers about this. Especially the kiss I stole from Riley."

Then his eyes dropped to Ethan's father who had a hiding smile on his face.

"And you, old man. Don't you ever tell a soul to your son about this. Or I will haunt you for the rest of my life."

The man laughed. "Copy that, kiddo."

"By the way, son, where are your brothers?" His mom suddenly asked.

He shrugged. "Minding their own businesses."

But I really hate the fact that they're at the hospital with Riley. So stupid of me to left her with them.

Thought it's fine. Her Momma is beside her so I had nothing to worry about.

"So, if you will excuse me, I had something important to do at my safe place. I will make a quick renovation to make it more refreshing."

Jay kissed his mother goodbye on her cheeks and saluted Ethan's father before leaving the mansion.

Ah, there's a lot of things to prepare. But I'll make it worth it.

~amph1trite~