Chapter 29: Make Her Happy

Ethan searched the whole mansion to look for Riley. He checked her room, went to the greenhouse and even on the rooftop where her favorite place to get some fresh air and to relax. He asked all of their maids where she was but she was nowhere to be found.

He went to the place where he could surely find her. To her grandma's apartment.

He pressed the doorbell and he saw grandma Ruby smiled at him and opened the gate for him so he could let in.

"Good morning, granny. I'm looking for Riley. Is she here?"

Grandma Ruby gave him an orange juice and and a sandwich then placed it on the table in the living room.

"Ethan, dear, I've been worrying about my granddaughter ever since she walked away from the mansion. I told her to eat but she refused not to. She even skipped class today. This is not her." Grandma held his hands. "Please help my grandchild, mijo."

Grandma Ruby knows why Riley is acting like that. But she didn't tell Ethan. She knows that he doesn't have a clue that Riley likes her Master Jay. That's why she's miserable as hell. So she acts like she didn't know what to do so he could help Riley lose her feelings to Jay.

Ethan nodded and smiled. "I will, grandma Ruby. Don't worry."

She felt relieved. "Thank you, mijo. By the way, she's in her room. Should I call her for you or do you want to go upstairs?"

"Oh, let me go to her, granny." He insisted.

Grandma Ruby had a hidden smile on her face while watching Ethan taking a step on the stairs. She really hopes that Ethan could lose Riley's feelings towards Jay. He's not good for her grandchild.

"RILEY? IT'S me, Ethan. Can I come in?" He said after two knocks on the door of her room.

Seconds later, the door opened and a miserable girl who looked like suffering from a heartbreak welcomed his sight.

Ethan was stunned to speak. "Damn, you look like shit." he whispered.

But he's sure that she heard it when she grimaced and gave him a dark glare.

"But still gorgeous." He revoked.

Riley sighed. "What do you want, Master Ethan? I'm not in the mood you know?"

"Yeah, I see that and I want to talk with you about what you saw last time. But first, I came here to tell you that Hoon wants you to come with him."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Huh? Where?"

He winked at him. "It's a secret." He grab her hand and pulled her outside her room.

"Wait! I'm not taking a bath yet!"

Ethan glanced at her. She indeed hasn't had a shower yet because her hair looks like a nest. And she had dark circles around her eyes like she couldn't get a nice sleep and cry all day.

And he knows why.

"Okay. I'm giving you half an hour to prepare yourself."

Riley nodded and ran towards the bathroom.

Ethan sighed. He hopes that she will forget him after Hoon takes her somewhere. He hopes that she could heal from suffering one sided love. It's really a pain in the ass.

He knew that kind of pain. Loving someone is hard knowing that you already know that the person you love doesn't feel the same way as yours. And that's called one sided love.

He doesn't deserve your tears, Riley. I hope you find someone who deserves your love and kindness.

HOON'S PHONE ringed while he's in the Greenhouse and checking his plants. He quickly answered the call when he saw Ethan was the caller.

"Hyung! Is Riley with you?"

"Yes." Ethan answered on the other line. "I'm still waiting for her actually. Anyways, take care of her while you're away. Make sure to make her happy and distracted as possible. And if a man tries to get her attention except for you, just call me right away. I might follow you and punch him on his thick face." Ethan ordered.

Hoon can't help but chuckle. "Of course, I'll protect and make her happy at all costs. That's the least thing I could do… to the girl I like." He whispered the last five words.

"What?"

He shook his head like Ethan is in front of him right now. "Nothing. Anyways, you haven't told me why she's miserable right now because you said she's not comfortable telling that to someone." Hoon acting like he's hurting. "Ouch. I'm hurt. I feel like I'm others to her. Not some sort of a family. Wow. It really hurts me."

He heard Ethan snorted. "Whatever, brother. Gotta go. She's here. See you later." 

Hoon rolled his eyes when his brother just ended the call.

He went to his room to pack his jacket like a parka, duffle coat, thick leather jacket, insulated down coat and other types of jacket that he has.

When Ethan and Riley arrived, he helped her luggage to transfer into his car compartment.

He was about to get in the driver's seat when Ethan stopped him and whispered into his ear.

"Make her happy. I'll wait for her."

Hoon pouted. "What about me? Don't you wanna wait for me?"

Ethan smirked and pinched his nose. "Shut up, little brother."

Hoon laughed and they did a fist bump. "See you in five days, big brother."

"Yeah, see you. Have a safe flight!"

Hoon saluted before entering the driver seat. He even beeped before they could even left the mansion.

After a long minute, he felt that Riley wouldn't talk until they reached the airport so he broke the silence.

"Are you hungry? Do you wanna eat?"

Riley groaned. "I lost my appetite."

"Uhm, don't you wanna ask where I am taking you?"

She rested her head on the backrest of the passenger's seat and closed her eyes. "Nope. I trust you."

Hoon let out a small smile.

"Thanks for the trust. But to calm my inner thoughts, we're going to Japan."

Riley felt her world become rainbows and unicorns. "Japan?!" Her moods lit up.

Hoon chuckled. "Yes. Japan. Didn't you tell me last year to bring you there? Then I'll make it happen."

Riley clapped her hands in glee. "Yey! I really want to go there!"

That's it, Riley. Keep that smile on your face. I may not know the reason why you're miserable and I don't wanna ask you so that I can give you privacy. All I wanted was to see you happy with me.

~amph1trite~