Chapter 16: I Like You

"Ethan! Ethan!" 

Yumi, the secretary, was panting as she entered the private room where Ethan, Jake and Hoon were. Yet, she halted from shouting his name when she saw his brothers. 

"Sorry, ahm, boss, the manager at the Royals Hospital just called and told me that Boss Jay was there." she announced. 

Their eyes widened. Jake immediately stood up and took off his glasses. Hoon readied his car key and Ethan was already nowhere to be found. 

That punk. Didn't even say thanks to me. That was what Yumi had in mind when they all left. 

ETHAN WAS in his speed limit as he arrived at the Royal Hospital. Jake and Hoon were still on the road, trying to catch up with him. 

He went straight to the information desk to ask what room number Jay was. The nurse checked something on the computer and when she glanced at him, she shook her head. 

"Sorry, sir. But there's no Jay Park on the list of patients." 

His eyebrows tugged up. "What? Are you sure? Could you please check it again?" he demanded. He just wanted to make sure that he's here. 

The nurse did what he was told. But the same as earlier, there's still no Jay Park on the list. 

But Yumi said he's here. 

Then a thought came into his mind. 

"Could you please check the name list of the patient's visitors?" 

The nurse obliged and checked the visitors list. And after a minute or two, she lifted up her head and smiled. 

"There's Jay Park on the list, sir." 

Ethan felt relieved. "Thank God." 

He was about to ask the nurse what room number he was in when the two tapped his shoulder while still catching their breaths. 

"How did it go?" Hoon asked. 

"Where's he?" Jake followed. 

"He was in room 708, fifteenth floor. And the patient's name was Ruby Gomez." the nurse answered Jake. 

Gomez? Is she Riley's grandmother? Ethan thought. 

Jake sweetly smiled and winked at the nurse who blushed. "Thank you, beautiful."

"No problem, sir." 

"It's Jake. You?"

The nurse had a cute smile, showing her cute set of dimples. "Lyla. Lyla Addison." 

"Woah. As in L A Y L A?" he was shocked as he spelled her name. 

She chuckled and shook her head. "Nope. It's L Y L A, sir-- I mean, Jake." 

Before Jake could even answer her, Hoon pulled him while holding his ear. 

"Ouch!"

"Let's go, loverboy." Hoon utterd. 

"I'll get your number later!" Jake shouted to the nurse. 

They ride the elevator that will lead them to the fifteenth floor. And when they finally found room 708, Ethan pushed the door and three people welcomed their sight. 

Then his eyes settled on the person they were looking for. 

"Found you." 

RILEY WAS too stunned to speak when she saw her three Masters standing at the door. Then their eyes settled on Jay who had no emotion written on his face. 

"Do you think we wouldn't find you? Do you think you can escape by taking her away from us?" Ethan asked calmly but his voice was very dangerous. 

"She's not yours." Jay coldly said in a very serious tone."

"Well news flash, buddy. She's not yours either but why the hell did you take her away from the hospital when you know that she's been in an accident and in a bad condition?" Jake barged to their conversation. 

"And why is your phone always not on the line? Are you avoiding us? Why? Is it because you're afraid that we will take Riley away from you when we find you?" Hoon gritted his teeth. "Tell me, brother. Do you like her?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Ethan stares into his eyes." He kidnapped Riley, didn't answer any one of our calls and now, bringing her grandmother here at the most expensive hospital in this country. And there's only three words to actually define that act and to answer our most awaited question." He squeezed his eyes and licked his lower lip with his tongue. "You like her." 

Riley stilled and couldn't move a muscle. She felt her heart was going to come out inside her ribcage. She secretly catching her own breath especially when Jay faced her. 

Please say something… please…

He stared at her eyes for a minute. Then she felt something stabbed her heart when he didn't leave a word and walked out of the room.

She wanted to burst into tears but she forced herself not to. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of her Masters. 

She was about to sit right next to her grandma's bed when someone opened the door.

"Yes, I like her." 

She gasped. Her hopes went high. 

He came back!

"But as my friend." He said after he confessed and closed the door for the second time. Left her dumbfounded. 

~amph1trite~

Poor Riley friend zone😭😂✌️