Chapter 33: Farewell

Hoon, Riley and Jay were silent inside the plane that bound to Seattle. It says that the passengers of American Airlines that are going to Seattle are admitted at Virginia Mason Hospital.

Ethan already contacts them on where they will meet. Jay said they're going straight to that hospital to confirm if their fathers were included in the hundreds of passengers that died in the plane crash and its explosion or if they're one of the survivors.

Jay was looking at the plane's window. He was not into himself and he was silent all the ride. As well as Hoon who's staring at the absence.

Riley was sitting between them. She didn't know what to say. It's very complicated to speak at the moment. She knew that her masters were nervous, shocked, stunned, afraid and didn't know what to do. They're all hoping that their fathers survived the plane crash.

When they arrived at Seattle, they went to the Virginia Mason Hospital where their fathers were.

Ethan was standing in front of the hospital and it looks like he's waiting for them.

"Where are they?" Hoon asked him.

Ethan led them to the hallway of the hospital.

Jay seems to know where they will be going so he stopped and asked Ethan. "Wait. Why are we headed to the morgue?"

Ethan faced him. A tear left in his eyes. And then he started to sob and shook his head slowly.

"No…" Jay whispered and ran towards the morgue.

They followed Jay inside the morgue. There, they saw their fathers, lying in their cold bodies. Half of their bodies were burned due to the massive explosion.

The three went next to their father's side and hugged them tight while crying. Asking for their forgiveness, they planned to cut ties with them and ask to come home so they could settle the case at the court.

"This is all my fault!" Ethan shouted and punched the wall beside him. Causing his knuckles to bleed. "I shouldn't have planned this, dad… I shouldn't have told you to come here! I-I'm really s-sorry, dad."

"N-No… t-this is my fault. I'm sorry, dad." Hoon asked forgiveness to his dad while holding his hand. "I'm sorry I l-let you down. I'm s-sorry that I became a bad son. I'm so sorry for everything… p-please forgive me..."

Riley started to cry while watching her masters begging and asking forgiveness to their fathers. She knew it was too late to ask for their forgiveness and make up with them.

But she's sure that their fathers already forgive their sons. That's what fathers do. They always understand their child even if they did something terrible. All they do is to love, protect, give what they want and forgive them.

Her gaze went to Jay who's sitting next to his fathers cold body, staring and remaining silent. His tears are already dried. His eyes were already swollen. But deep down, he's saying something to his father. He just can't say it out loud.

Her eyebrows furrowed when she noticed that Jake was not here. She stepped out for a minute and dialed his number. But she already took ten calls yet he wasn't answering the call.

Where are you now, Jake. Your father needs you.

JAKE WOKE up in a massive headache. He massaged his forehead many times before he opened his eyes.

He was stunned for a minute when he noticed that this room was not familiar to him.

"Oh, you're awake."