Ploice station

Aubrey POV

„Okay everyone. This was it for today's lesson. I hope you all enjoyed it just as much as I did."
I closed the last lecture and everyone got up to leave.

After they left I closed the gallery and made my way back home. It was already dark outside and the day finally ended. There was a lot to do today but I can finally take my shoes off and rest my body and mind. Roxy rested next to me and after some time I fell into a nap.

I didn't know for how long I was sleeping but I got woken up by my doorbell ringing. I got up slowly and made my way to open for whoever was standing outside.

„Lizzie hey." I replied as I let her walk in. I rubbed my eyes and she gave me a quick kiss.

„Is Everything okay? I texted and called but I didn't get an answer. How was your day? Did it go well at the doctor?" she bombed me with questions and I closed the door taking off her coat to hang it up.

„Sorry that I didn't answer I was actually sleeping since I didn't get any last night." I rubbed my eyes and we sat down on the sofa.

„I'm sorry that I woke you babe." she replied and i shook my head.

„It's fine. Honestly. How was your day?" I asked and Roxy jumped up cuddling up in between us. Lizzie smiled down at her and we both stroked her and she started to purr.

„The usual. Teaching my classes and other than that I had to correct a couple exams until I decided to drive by to see how you are." she replied and I nod.

„By the way. I have two fractured ribs. The doctor made some x-rays and turned out that this was the problem with my breathing. I'm on some hard medication now and it should heal in four to eight weeks at least. If not they'll need to operate on me but I hope it won't get that far." I explained and I notice how her mood shifted.

„You really don't want to tell me who it was? Because I'll rip their head off babe." she offered as she placed pattern on my thigh.

„No it's fine. I'll heal and be back in no time. There is actually something else You should know." She waited patiently for me to speak up again and I didn't really know how to say it so I pulled the note out I had in my jeans pocket. I handed her the small kneaded note and she unfolded it looking down at it a bit confused.

„Who's Gabriella Montgomery?" She asked while glancing at the paper and back to me.

„My birth mother." I answered quietly and shock was written all over Lizzie's face.

„Oh my god. Really? Bre that's amazing oh my god!" she pulled me into a hug and I gave into her affection.

We separated again and she looked at my not so happy expression.

„Why aren't you happy about it bre?" she asked me sounding concerned.

„I am. But I'm scared as well. Scared of what I'll find. I don't know if she will be a mother to me. If she wants to be my mother. Or I don't know.
But I feel like I should find her." she gave me a half smile

„this is huge bre. So it's fine to be scared. I'd be terrified if I would be in your position. But I have a good feeling about this. My gut tells me that you'll have your happy ending with finding your mom.
But I don't wanna push you to do something you don't want to. But if you do I'll be by your side with every step you take. You don't have to face her alone if you don't want to babe." she told and I nod giving her a kiss which she replied instantly as well.

„Oh and don't forget we meet my parents this weekend. So you should pack for two days." she reminded me but she didn't need to because I couldn't forget that I'll meet them soon.
That's also something that terrifies me.