XII. Side Story

SINGTO POV

It has been since this morning New's been pacing back and forth at his office and I can see through the glass walls. He is acting strange talking to himself again he has an eccentric personality. All the Techaapaikun heads are.

I've known New ever since childhood, I was his cousin on his mother's side the Prachaya's. Growing up I never really got the chance to interact with New back then. He was always aloof and wants to be alone. If anyone tries to be close to him he shuts them down.

He just lets us stay beside him because we are relatives or what he calls us slaves back then, he is a rude kid. He doesn't care about anybody else other than his grandparents, he talks back to his parents and acts like a spoiled brat around others he thinks are beneath him.

I didn't like him at all but I was forced to kiss up on him because being close to the head means status for us. But nobody gets close to New and it's no joke.

It got worse as he grew up he thinks everyone out there is using him just because he is the next head. I can't blame him though with manipulative parents and everybody that thinks he is a Techaapaikun head will benefit from him he grew up like that. That is why he is always on guard.

The only one close enough to him is Luke Plowden he is not really from either family he is the son of the head of security that is in charge of New's safety. The head of security was his grandfather's long-time friend and also a confidant.
They were not close at first but an incident happened that made New trust him with his sword. You would think it was just an ordinary sword, No holding the sword of the head means holding a leg or an arm of the head.

That means he trusts you enough to let him hold the things that protect him. The incident took place when New was in high school he was going to a party of some students he was invited to at that time and he's still hiding his identity as the heir. But at the party, someone put a drug that can't be noticed by a young vampire New being inexperienced as such drank the wine and was in a weakened state he was beaten and tied up they were planning to extort money from the Techaapaikun which was a wrong move since at that time selection for the next head was being held they told the kidnappers that if New didn't survive this then he'd be good as dead, Luke being there at the party followed New.

New in a weakened state was still strong but not strong enough to fend off 30 people he was drugged. When he was about to be stabbed in the heart Luke was there to risk his life saving New hence stabbed by the sword instead. New enraged found the strength to kill 30 men and save Luke just on time giving him his blood, his pure blood. Pureblood that we can never have is the holy water itself from what the human world can describe it. It can cure something that is not dead yet with any wound, but it is also a curse for them bound by duty and responsibility. Also, their blood can't heal them it can do to others but not them they have to rely solely on their regenerative abilities the stronger you are the faster you regenerate.

So now Luke is loyal to New and New alone became his dog his shadow and his one and only friend.

I never want to risk my life just to be friends with New I am satisfied with the way things are now not included in the family drama. But now I am thinking twice as his secretary while New is acting like a lunatic in his office here comes Mild Lapassalan The bitch so the office calls her. Because it is visible that New doesn't want to associate with her. Acting like she owned the place she always sauntered her way here demanding things she should not do.

Guess I have no choice but to knock on the devil's den, I just sighed at how pitiful my job is she got her way around the office again hanging around New like a leech. Then I got a call that a certain Tay Tawan Vihokratana will be coming to his office and specifically instructed me to wait on him downstairs and he also made me order lunch. I guess lunch is for Mild but she is a vampire we specifically don't need to eat. Oh maybe for the visitor.