XXVIII. Pending Doom

NEW POV

After all the preparations we were set to deploy at night, with the sudden change of plans leading Off and Me to support and still Joss as front then Luke as back up.
Of course, Luke was the first one to refuse to leave me as I am his utmost priority they'd come to terms with Off taking a whole lot of measures which I'm sure I never really needed since I've gained some of my vitality back due to Off's blood.

Sure Off is not of a pureblood per se but still, he is the blood of my coven, a born vampire and it takes so much difference in strength and power than those who are turned that's usually human bitten vampire that turns to rogues and loses their sanity.

In my case it's an overdose of substance that's momentarily wavering my sanity thinking about it shudders me, until when will I be able to keep this up before I lose shit off my mind and that worries me the most and it all leads to Tay which puts a pang of guilt on my heart.

"It's alright" - Off

As he rests his hands on my shoulder tapping them out.

"I know I hope so" - New

"Are you worried about the raid?"- Off

"No, it's Tay" - New

"You sure got a lot of explaining for him when you come back" - Off

"Yeah *Sigh, I don't know how he will take this all" - New

"I got your back buddy, I got your back"- Off

Then he walked off inspecting the cages that will be used to capture rogues that are in that facility.

"I am not sure how to start Tay, what to tell and how I just hope you won't turn away from me but I know I have to accept all of it no matter what" - New

I muttered as I stare at the sun setting from the horizon. It was going to be a long night.
We rode off to get to our destination, as it was always the same as I have been used to it. Sneaking prowling in the night one by one taking out guards of vampires and werewolves. This pointless battle is tiring me out a battle for domination that they couldn't have is by far meaningless to me.

Off at my side just smirks at how he flings his blade left and right to those who came to him while I just casually walk, occasionally slashing everyone that comes my way. This never moved my emotion once seeing heads rolling and turning into ash.
Those screams that tore the night I wonder what they thought before dying that which I didn't care at all as I mercilessly tore every flesh apart.
I was made like this, I was born like this.
The only thing that swayed me was Tay that big ball of sunshine making a smile crept on my face.

"That! Looks creepy as hell you sadistic demon, please don't make that smile as you rip off somebody"- Off

I turned to him swinging my sword to the right to get rid of blood stains.

"It's nostalgic this chaos I haven't fought a long time you know" - New

If some would've seen us they might just think that we were two friends chatting and walking around the park without care. Minus the screams, explosions, and blood spatter around us.
He dodged a knife to his left aiming at his face.

"Not the face fucker!!" - Off

As he reached for a dagger strapped on his leg darting it straight to whoever lucky head was that.

"You don't look weak to me you know, stop trying to wear that facade for I know you can butt heads with me if you'd be serious enough" - New

I said to him chuckling, and there he was slashing somebody's arm off their body and holding it up pointing it to me arranging its fingers with the middle finger sticking out.