XXX. Sunflower Fields

TAY POV

Despite New missing for a month now I would only feel worried and at times distressed at night.
It seems to be giving me the feeling that he is okay somewhere and something tells me I will see him very soon.
Still Luke is guarding like a hawk it's either preventing me to escape or making me do some stupid stuff.
Sometimes it's creepy I find him in my office and the next thing he would be gone but when I call for him he just appears like air.
I'm more like scared of the likes of him staring at me with those lifeless eyes more like the eyes of a fish. I used to tease him and he just brushes me off.

Por always made sure to check up on me and report every detail that there is to know about New if they had leads but unfortunately he vanished like the wind, they are also looking into Off's disappearance as well, it seems that after the raid he stayed back at Chaing Mai and had never gotten in the city in the first place. Airports were taken into consideration as well with my family's connection and the Techaapaikun's we haven't traced any yet.

And were positive they had not left the country considering that both of them are together, I'm at ease that New will be safe the least that's what I think.
I am a bit jumpy, today sensitive if you may call it. It became a habit to rub my fingers on my ring whenever I feel restless it's not of those days. But this day seems different for me.
I was sitting in my office when I heard Luke's voice.

" Are you going there again?" - Luke

"Yes, maybe sleep there tonight" - Tay

Luke pertaining to our condo, ever since New's disappearance my parents asked me to stay at the house, they do not like the fact that I was wallowing in loneliness at our condo and just demanded I stayed at home.
Now and then I just go and check up on it hoping New was there.

"Let's clock out early huh, I don't feel all that good I want to sleep" - Tay

I just reasoned out to Luke and the latter nodded and followed me out of the office.
I didn't know what to feel I was jumpy, fidgety, nervous and I was all sorts. My palms became sweaty as it is and my heart hammered like it will go out of my body anytime soon as we neared the condo.
I rushed to get out of the car feeling weird stares from Luke and the driver maybe they are thinking I need to go to the bathroom so bad.
When I was already at the door I momentarily stopped, my shaking hands punched the passcode to our unit.

I was greeted with a waft of that flowery scent with a tinge of sweet honey but something changed it was mixed with the scent of the fresh forest after the rain, like the smell of the morning dew refreshing.
Luke the vampire is immediately going to shield me, blocking me from seeing the silhouettes from the living room area and I still pushed him, he gave in but I can feel he is tensed because he grips his knuckles tightly.

"Tay?" - New

I almost stopped breathing when I heard his voice it was cold, it was calming it feels surreal.

"Hin?"- Tay

"Hin is that you?Hin?"- Tay

"Yes, yes .. Ah welcome home Love" - New

New said with a smile, I can barely see since the lights are off but I can see his pretty lips curve upwards and a glimmer in his eyes.
He was there standing with arms wide open for me. I was about to hug him back when Luke turned on the light and New suddenly stepped back with a shriek he came to the nearest dark place he can find.

"Noooooo!!!The lightsss!!!"-New

"New?? What what's wrong no no what is happening??"- Tay

New was cowering in the corner shielding his eyes from the light I pushed one of his hands to better see when I was startled by his jet black eyes, he pushed me and I stumbled at the rag. New was still screaming for the lights. And I motioned Luke to turn it off. My heart was clenching the feeling of it being shattered because New's sight tears me apart.