Chapter 20

"I just don't believe she'd do that to you man

"I just don't believe she'd do that to you man." Cassian repeats again as we sit in one of my newly invested in night clubs.

"Well she did!" I reply, taking another shot of vodka before slumping back into my seat.

"According to your mother!" Cassian protests as he shakes his head at two friendly looking woman who are attempting to approach us. "You know how much she didn't like her, Cole."

"Yeah, well why did she run? Why hasn't she come back?" I demand and Cassian rolls his eyes.

"It's been months." I continue, "she could have reached out, it's not like she doesn't know where to find me."

"Have you reached out to her?" Cassian demands, eyeing me with a scathing intensity.

I haven't seen Cassian for three months following a family emergency on his end, and this is what he wasn't to talk about.

"No, of course I haven't reached out to her." I growl, "she was using me for my fucking money and cheating."

Cassian shakes his head and stands, leaving his drink on the table before us.

"I just don't believe it, Cole. I saw how much you loved each other, both of you and had I been there I would never have let her leave, or you give up on her."

"Where are you going?" I demand as he pulls his jacket back on.

"I'm leaving, because I can't believe how stupid you're being and I'm pissed at you, and you're my boss so I have to be careful what I say."

As soon as Cassian properly vacates his seat, the two women from before slide up beside me.

I see the flash of disappointment in his eyes as I allow them to flirt with me, but I don't care. She made her bed, now she has to lie on it.

 She made her bed, now she has to lie on it