Making each other happy

TW: talk about suicide and death. Slight nudity, boobies, might die of cuteness (I was asked to include this).

This one is nice, I promise.

Sorry if this gets weird towards the end. I am not experienced in the luxury of having a partner. (😭)

Heather POV:

Heather stretched her arms as she woke up. She carefully looked around and eventually, her eyes settled on Frida, letting out a relieved sigh that the girl was still there.

It was clear that she was awake. She had her back turned to Heather and Heather could hear quiet sniffles come from her.

Heather carefully sat up and placed a hand on Frida's shoulder.

Frida tensed up and Heather could see her move her hand to wipe her eyes.

"It's ok if you are crying," Heather said and moved closer to her. She could hear Frida sniff again before turning around to face Heather. Her eyes were red and puffy again, and tears were streaming down her face.

"Sorry, just had a nightmare," she said and wrapped her arms around Heather's waist.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Heather asked and ran a hand through her messy, short hair.

"No," Frida said shortly.

"That is fine, but I do want to know what motivated you to want to jump," Heather said sternly. She wanted to know so she could avoid it.

"Um, well... It is just, difficult with my dad lately. Today is the "anniversary" of my mother's and previous girlfriend's death. I feel somewhat guilty for being with you, not that I am not enjoying this, I love this, it is just... It feels like I replaced Freya way too quickly. And I am not sure if she would want me to move on. And then there is Astrid..."

"What did Astrid do?" Heather interrupted.

"You remember when she came by yesterday?" Heather nodded. "When she hugged you, she gave me a look and mouthed: 'she's not yours', then she pointed at herself and showed me the middle finger. I guess I got jealous because I know she could take you in a heartbeat if she wanted to."

Heather clenched her hand, which wasn't in Frida's hair, into a fist.

She was going to have a long talk with Astrid about this.

"Your last girlfriend's name was Freya?" Heather asked, moving away from the topic.

"Yeah," Frida said shortly.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it. I am sorry, and I am going to stop asking now," Heather said and kissed Frida's head.

"Thanks, Sunshine," Frida said and snuggled into Heather's abdomen.

"I am so sorry, but can you please let me go? I have to go to the bathroom," Heather said.

Frida chuckled but let her go.

Heather ran to the bathroom and quickly did her business before running back into the room where she could see Frida in only a sports bra, sitting up in the bed.

Heather quickly turned around and cleared her throat.

"Can I come in?"

"It is your room, you don't have to ask," Frida said with a chuckle.

"It is just that you are only wearing a bra," Heather said and slowly turned around with her hands in front of her eyes. She wanted to see, but she would do that without Frida's permission.