Chapter 1

Confident by Demi Lovato

It's time for me to take it
I'm the boss right now
Not gonna fake it
Not when you go down
'Cause this is my game
And you better come to play

Where the fuck is he? You ask yourself while flying in a Quinjet over the snowy New York. If that is even considered snowy. It's more slushy than snow now since the weather is warming up and the snow is melting and mixing into the mud. Probably one of the worst times of the year where everything is cold and wet.

While the man you are looking for is none other than the man himself, Director of SHIELD, Phillip J. Coulson. He had sent you on a solo mission as he usually does. Nothing you haven't seen before. Simple stuff really collects some intel, kicks some ass and takes down the bad guys, which are usually Hydra. Then hand-deliver the drive to him. Stuff you can do in your sleep. That's exactly what you did except give Coulson the drive since you can't find the man, which made you annoyed.

All you want to do is for this mission to be over so you can get some well-deserved sleep. God do you need sleep. You have been awake for the past 24 hours and have been in three different time zones. So technically it's been more. On top of that everything hurts. You've had a headache for two days now, bruises that are all the shades of the fucking rainbow and random scars and self-stitched stitches that have been added to your ever-growing collection. Each one holds a different story, each one more awesome or gruesome than the last. However, you wanted to look at it.

It's been mission after mission fight after fight. But you like it that way. Pushing yourself into your work to do some good and get rid of the bad. You can also release some anger while punching bad guys and you don't have to think about all the shit in your life. When you are on missions it's your own world and you don't have to deal with life. This was your life never taking off your suit, always trying to be the hero. Trying to erase the red.

But sometimes there are too many missions.

Coulson decided now to disappear when you are near death from exhaustion. You searched the not-so-secret secret SHIELD base, the Zephier, the safe house and the rendezvous point. And that doesn't even mention the numerous times you have called him and left some not-so-pleasant voice messages that would make a sailor's mouth seem clean. Yet you came up empty.

"Once I find this man I swear he is going to wish that he was never brought back to life."

There was one place you haven't checked yet. One place that you have never stepped foot into and never found a purpose to, the Avengers Compound. It's quite late in the morning, early afternoon when you land on the snowy grass in front of the compound's hanger.

"Thanks, Miller"

"Any time. Do you need me to pick you up?" The agent asked you if he started the Quinjet up again. "No it's okay, Lee is going to be picking me up."

You start walking towards the entrance, expecting to go through a whole security process. But nothing, you manage to walk straight through the front door with no one stopping you. Would have thought that the Avengers, especially Stark would have better security.

As you are walking down the halls of a fairly busy compound, you pass a couple of old SHIELD agents who transferred after the fall of the Triskelion and decided to join the Avengers instead of Coulson's shield. As you pass the agents some recognize you by your reputation.

But that's it, just by reputation. The youngest agent with the most kills, most missions completed and to climb to the highest level. Right under the spy, Nick Fury. Whose secrets have secrets and you are one of the very few people who know those secrets, like how he actually lost his eye and TAHITI. Hell, you are one of those secrets.