Chapter 5

Started: Iggy Azalea

Do you hate that you love me or do you love that you hate me?

All you bitches be bitin', I hope you don't give me Rabies

You can say what you want about me as long as you pay me

I'm just tryna get them M's and I ain't talkin' Slim Shady

It's been a week since Clint and Sam left and since you joined the team. The mission ended up taking a turn for the worse. What was supposed to be a simple recon mission turned into a firefight. When they got to the base people started putting things onto trucks at first it looked like basic import, export stuff. It wasn't until later they figured out that they were changing bases.

Again.

A few of the Avengers went to try and stop Hydra right there and then but they were too late most of the serums, documents and experiments were already transferred to the new base who knows where. They did however manage to capture some Hydra agents and retrieve a newer version of the serum. You decided it wasn't worth going so you stayed back as well as Nat and Bruce.

You got word from Stark that they would be landing in a couple of hours. In the meantime, you and Nat were trying to figure out where they could have relocated. "Why are they changing bases again?" You questioned while drinking your third coffee. Ever since you woke up that day you have been going through every single piece of information that you have collected. It wasn't much but there had to be something you weren't seeing.

"I don't know, probably not to get caught."

"But they weren't even there for long Red." When you are trying to stay hidden or go on the run you have to be careful when relocating. It can't be known when you are leaving or where you are going and definitely don't want to be caught in transit.

After you found the Estonia base they moved to France. But they don't know that we know that this base exists. It was like Romanoff could read your mind but considering how long you knew each other it really wouldn't be a surprise if she can. "What if they overheard your conversation with the Doctor?"

"Shit, check if he is dead." After a few clicks on the computer and she found an autopsy report saying he was murdered a few days ago. "Looks like it."

"FRIDAY?"

"How may I be of assistance to you Agent Barton"

"I told you to call me Y/N and can you pull up everyone's face who was at the Up In Smoke club a week ago roughly the same time I was."

"One moment please." You had your SHIELD eye contacts in so FRIDAY sent the photos and information of the various Hydra assets there. One of them had to be working on the new serum and was the key. If you could find them and get them to talk. However, in Hydra spirits, they would rather bite down on a cyanide capsule than get captured.

"Were you made?" Your head snapped towards Nat who was now on the couch not wanting to work anymore. "You're asking if I was made." She popped her head over the back of the couch actually serious with the question. " Nat I thought you knew me better than that. Of course, I wasn't made. Not only did I have a nano mask but also a wing and coloured contact lenses. You wouldn't even have recognized me."

"Sorry, it's just that I don't want anyone to kill you."

"I would probably kill them first." You told her before continuing to work.