Chapter 34

Women: Doja Cat
Let me be your woman
Woman, woman, woman
I can be your woman
Woman, woman, woman

So it seemed that your brother actually didn't blow up the compound and that it was all just for show. He wanted you to think you have nothing else to lose, making you more compliant to tell him the answer. Jokes on him.

Clearly, it didn't work out the way he wanted it to. Now he's sitting in the Supermax floating ocean pokey with all the other high-class villains with constant surveillance. As for the serums, SHIELD has been doing clean-up in finishing any remnants and as far as the outside world and government go, they believe it is being completely destroyed.

The Avengers and SHIELD have kept a few vials for themselves simply for research purposes and safekeeping. Everyone came to the conclusion that there were enough enhanced people and there wasn't a need for any more super soldiers. But Bruce and Jemma have been talking and they think with the increased healing abilities the serum may be the solution to many presents and future health problems.

"That's the last of it, you're free to go." Bruce removes the needle from your arm, labelling the blood sample he took. "Finally. Come on, let's go. Please!" Steve whines in the chair right beside you. He has been by your side ever since he saved you. That also means he sat beside you during the extremely long test Bruce and Tony did.

"Wait. Actually, we still need to test your stamina." Tony comes in late, not paying attention to anyone except what's on his tablet. Steve wasn't having any of it. You've barely had any alone time together since he said I love you on the plane ride back. "I have a way to test her stamina," Steve says. He then picked you up with one arm, throwing you over his shoulder.

He was walking with purpose. Shoulders squared back and head held up high. He didn't care about the shocked look on Tony's face or Sam and Bucky pretending to smooch in the middle of the hallway. Not even the thumbs up Nat gave the two of you. He had one thing on his mind and that was getting you alone. Not that you minded being manhandled by him. You had a great view of his ass.

He opens and closes the door behind you once both of you are in the room. He places you on the bed and quickly crawls onto you. He litters your skin with kisses and bites marks but before your mind gets too fuzzy you carefully grab his attention. "Steve, we need to talk." Ever the gentleman he removes himself from you and sits on the bed. Steve would've given you more space and sat on the chair if it weren't for your grip on his hand keeping him close. He kicks himself mentally for not asking for your consent. His mind goes into panic mode thinking how much of an idiot he is. You probably don't even want to be with him anymore. But you did kiss him first, twice.

"Hey. Whatever you're thinking, stop. I love you, Steve. I just don't want to rush back into our relationship. You broke you promise and even though I forgive you and never hated you for. It's just,-"

"You need time." He understood completely. Steve was actually proud of you for sharing how you feel instead of closing him out. "I get it. What I did was stupid. Beyond stupid actually. It was selfish and I hurt you after promising I would care for you. It's just-,"

"She brought back memories and you already lost so much." You both solemnly laugh at the way you finished each other's sentences. "Kinda. I think it was more of the fact that she felt safe. Not that I didn't feel safe with you. I felt extremely safe with you. What I feel  when I am with you is so extreme and feels so right. A moment didn't go by where I didn't think of you and that's what scared me the most." He choked back tears. You've only seen Steve get this vulnerable a few times and as much your heart broke for him it also swelled. You have become one of the few people he trusts the most to be so vulnerable. The same in reverse.