Hiding (sope)

"Can we please bathe together? We're engaged!"

"I'm really not comfortable with that."

"Why not? And I want a real answer. None of this 'because' bullshit."

''I'm just not." Hoseok sighed.

"You know I love you no matter what."

"Yeah, I know."

A few weeks later

Hoseok was laying down on his back, scrolling through Instagram. Yoongi nervously climbed into bed beside him. Hoseok immediately gave him all of his attention.

"What's up love?" The elder shifted uneasily, sitting on his heels. Feeling his nervous energy, Hoseok sat up and faced him. Yoongi shied away.

"I thought I could do it but I can't."

"Take it easy baby. Tell me when you're ready." He took a deep breath, turning away and. hugging his knees.

"I think I'm ready." Hoseok tilted his head, confused.

"To - you know..."

"Okay, love. I'll go get everything ready okay?" He climbed out of bed and kneeled in front of Yoongi.

"I know this is a big step. If you need to stop at all please tell me. I'll go in and get everything settled and you can come in whenever you're comfortable." Yoongi nodded, keeping his head down as hoseok left. He heard the water running, the dull roar of the water leaving the tap and crashing into the tub below accompanying his nervous thoughts.

Yoongi stood and shook, letting out all his nerves. Taking a deep breath, he headed into the bathroom. Hoseok was already in the tub, the white fluffy bubbles covering the surface of the water.

"Hey, baby." He greeted gently.

"Can we... turn off the lights?" Yoongi asked.

"Of course, go ahead." The elder relaxed into the darkness and removed his shirt. Suddenly he became aware of a soft instrumental that filled the silence. He undressed fully and stuck a foot into the hot water, accidentally brushing against Hoseok's calf.

''It's alright, you can touch me." He encouraged. Yoongi settled into the water facing the younger and sitting in between his legs.

"You okay?" Yoongi nodded, then spoke aloud.

"Yes."

"I'm glad."

"Can I hold your hand?"

"Yes. Yes of course you don't need to ask. Here," He took Yoongi's hand and ran the pad of his thumb over the elder's knuckles.

"Can I wash you?" Yoongi nodded, then giggled to himself.

"Yes, you can."

"What's so funny, hm? What're you laughing at?"

"I forget you can't see me. I keep nodding at you."

"Silly goose." Hoseok teased, pulling a washcloth off the side of the tub. He felt around for the body wash, sniffing the product to make sure he picked the right one.

"I guess I didn't think this through. We can't even see what we're using."

" We can figure it out, don't worry." He sat up and gently massaged Yoongi's shoulders.

"This is about you okay? Let me take care of you." The elder nodded.

"I can feel you nodding." The couple burst out into a fit of laughter. Hoseok ran the washcloth over Yoongi's body, skimming over his scars both old and new. He tried not to give any indications that he was in pain. His thigh was mostly healed but he couldn't help pulling away when Hoseok cleaned his wrists.

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He asked worriedly.

"No, no. Not you. Just..."

"I can feel you flinch. Please tell me what's going on."

"I can't. Please I'm not ready."

"You're never ready. I'm trying my hardest to be patient but I'm tired of waiting. I'm very proud of you for doing this with me today. But I also need you to try to look at it from my point of view."

"I understand." He murmured.

"I don't mean to be harsh." Yoongi nodded.

"I really do want to tell you - show you."

"You know where to find me when you're ready." Yoongi rested his head on the younger's shoulder.

"Thank you Hobi. I feel safe with you, I want you to know that."