Art (taehyung)

Taehyung dropped the dirty paintbrush into the jar and chose a smaller one. He generally liked to use oil paints, they dried slowly leaving more time to smooth and blend. He smeared red onto the canvas, then frowned. Not what I'm looking for. Instead he used the paint on the brush to coat his hand. And then stamped it on the canvas. Perfect.

Leaving the painting to dry for a few days, he rifled through forgotten projects in search of something to finish. Tae pulled out on old portrait. It was in black and white, the man's face blurred with streaks of gray. He tore it from the pile and propped it on the aisle.

Grabbing and old sheet, typically used for catching rouge paint splatters, he cut a small slit and tore a large strip from the end. He cut odd shapes from the fabric and used white paint to stick it to the portrait. Satisfied with the difference in texture, he left it to draw.

In the bathroom-he turned on the sink, letting the water run till it was warm. His hands shook as he pumped soap into his hands. The lather turned a strange swirl between red and white before settling on a cotton candy pink.

The water splattered. His hands shook violently, throwing droplets of water at the walls and mirror. Taehyung shut off the water and tried to take out his phone. He nearly cracked it on the tile floor but managed to tap his first emergency contact. The phone only rang for half a beat.

"Taehyung. You alright?"

"I um- I just need-""

"Tae."

"I'm having another episode."

"I'll come pick you up-you know I will. Do you need me to stay on the phone?"

"Please."