Good Pup (taekook) (prequel)

beabadoobee marry me

The group always did their best to make sure Taehyung was comfortable. Comfortable to speak him mind, to wear what he likes, to express himself. That included puppy space. But he'd always been smitten with Jungkook. Maybe he felt more comfortable because Jungkook was younger? Or because Jungkook saw him as an equal and not a hyung?

That's how, after all this time of growing together, Taehyung found himself in Jungkook's bed. He was belly up, rolling around in the covers while Jungkook was in the shower. He glowered at the red rubber bone he shared the bed with. Jungkook had assured him he was safe, no one was coming home for a couple days, and that he wouldn't judge anything Taehyung did. The bone stared back.

Jungkook had picked out this toy in particular, saying it might satisfy his puppy side but was soft enough that it wouldn't cause damage to his teeth. Tae had nearly cried on the spot. To know that Jungkook had been doing research on his own time, it was too much. Jungkook had left the bone next to him when he got into the shower. Taehyung smiled as he remembered. The younger thought he was being sly, leaving him alone with the toy. Even though no one was around to see, Tae's cheeks still burned as he picked up the red bone.

The had shower turned off somewhere in the background half an hour ago, but Taehyung still jumped when the door opened; and threw the toy across the bed with too much force. Jungkook smiled and shook his head, leaning into his space.

"How're you feeling?" Tae shrugged.

"Come on." Jungkook got into bed, moving the bone and T.V remote within arms reach before laying on his back. Taehyung curled into his side, using the younger's shoulder as a pillow. He let his eyes close as Jungkook scrolled through the channels.

"You've done well, you know that?" Taehyung made a questioning sound.

"You've worked hard. So it's okay to be selfish this once and give yourself a break." Tae chewed his lip nervously. Jungkook tutted and pulled his lip from his teeth, holding the bone above his mouth instead. The elder eyed it warily. Before he could overthink, he counted to three and opened his mouth.

Jungkook let him chew on the bone, belly up, as he faced the T.V. He tried not to squeal or stare but his smile was like a spotlight.

"Good boy." Taehyung let out a noise deep in his throat. Very gently, Jungkook rested a hand on Tae's stomach and shuffled onto his side, watching as Taehyung chewed and drooled over the toy. He wiped a string of it from under his chin.

"Messy puppy." Taehyung flinched, but the other shushed him, petting his hair.

"D'you wanna play?"Jungkook took hold of one end of the bone and pulled gently. It slipped from between Tae's teeth with a squeak. He bared his teeth and growled.

"Ah, ahhh." Jungkook held the bone out of reach.

"Relax, we're just playing." He sat up and wiggled the toy, watching with a smile as Taehyung scrambled to right himself and began diving after it. Jungkook laughed. Tae flopped onto his back, nearly hanging off the edge of the bed, looking up at the bone.

"Okay, all done."

<3

"So I got you something." Taehyung eyed him warily over the rim of his mug.

"You don't have to like it, I kept the receipt in case." He pushed the open box towards him. Taehyung reached in and ruffled through the bubble wrap. He pulled the collar out of a thin plastic bag and held it in his palm.

"It came with a matching leash. But we don't have to use it. And I though we could get a charm that-" Taehyung curled into himself and buried his head in his arms.

"Taehyung? Really I can send it back." Taehyung sniffed.

"Hey," Jungkook rounded the corner and knelt beside him. "What's up?"

"You're so nice to me." Jungkook chuckled and rubbed his back.

"I love you, you weirdo. Now come on, wanna play?" Taehyung blinked up at him with wet eyes.

"Yeah, okay."

"Oh, I have a question first. What do you think about training?"

"Training?"

"Yeah. You got a little protective of your toys and stuff last time. I think it would help you trust me more."

"I think that's okay. I trust you. But nothing too harsh right?" Jungkook chuckled.

"Never. Now come on, let's go into my room." Taehyung stood and followed.

"Puppies don't walk, do they?" The elder eyed him warily. Jungkook brushed a hair from his eye.

"Don't worry. No one's home." Taehyung sank to his knees.

"Good boy, now come on."

Taehyung tried to contain himself as Jungkook connected his leash; but judging by his laugh he wasn't doing a good job. Taehyung was practically vibrating on the spot before he leaped forward and head butted Jungkook's shins.

"Ah- sit." Taehyung whined but did as he was told.

"Good." Jungkook placed a yogurt bite on his tongue. Taehyung smiled, diving into a play bow. Jungkook frowned and stepped back. Taehyung whined and rolled over. 

"No, sit." Taehyung let his tongue fall from his mouth. The other sat patiently, only rewarding him once he was sitting at his feet. 

"Good." He watched as Taehyung stayed in place, staring up at him.

"Break." Taehyung leapt up and pawed his hips, nuzzling his waist. Jungkook chuckled.

"Yes, good job, Taetae. Let's snuggle yeah? Down." Taehyung's hands hit the floor. Jungkook fed him another yogurt treat. He held the leash taut as he led Tae to the bed; they climbed into bed and under the covers. Taehyung nuzzled his way into Jungkook's chest. 

"Aish, my puppy. What am I going to do with you?" Taehyung let out a breath, going loose in the other's hold?

"Jungkookie?"

"Hm?"

"Will you take this off?"

"Both?" Taehyung's cheeks colored.

"Okay, here. Chin up." Jungkook leaned over him and unlatched his leash, pulling it away and leaving it on the mattress. Taehyung peeked over at it before pushing it under the pillow. Jungkook bit back a chuckle.

"I'm gonna shower."

"You don't wanna sleep it off first?" Taehyung shook his head, sitting on the edge of the bed. Jungkook frowned, taking the spot next to him.

"Don't force yourself out before you're ready." The elder groaned. Down the hall Namjoon unlocked the door to their dorm. Jungkook stood and glanced out his bedroom door. 

"Namjoonie's home. Do you still wanna tell 'em?" Taehyung shrugged, wrapping his arms around himself. Jungkook stood in front of him, brushing his hair back.

"Let me know okay? And I'll talk to him. But everyone else will be back in a couple hour so you got until then." Taehyung rested his forehead against Jungkook's middle. 

"They'll think it's weird." 

"Hyung, we all do weird things. I bet Namjoon hyung and Jiminie were thinking the same thing when they told us what they got going on. But now they can be themselves without waiting for an empty house." Tae pouted.

"I know."

"It's your decision and I'll be behind whatever you choose."

"Thanks, Kookie."

"You got it, hyung."