Are You Okay? (namjin)

Namjoon pushed away from his desk, the chair rolled and spun around. He groaned. No matter how many hours he poured into spreadsheets and graphs nothing met his boss's standards. Slamming his laptop shut, he trudged to the kitchen in a dark cloud.  His roommate Jin, looked him up and down in concern.

"You doing okay, Joon?" The younger stared at him pitifully. Purple bruises rimmed his eyes, his lips were chewed raw and bleeding. Namjoon folded his arms on the island and rested his forehead against his forearms. Worried, Jin turned off the stove and rested a hand between his shoulder blades. Namjoon released a shaky breath.

"I'm just tired."

"You look sick, come here." He pulled the younger to face him. Tears swam in his eyes, waiting to fall. 

"Oh, Joon." Stepping away, Namjoon swiped his eyes and took a deep breath as he turned towards his office again. 

"No, no. Come here." He turned the other around and pulled him to his chest. The elder held the back of his neck as Namjoon relaxed into the embrace.

"What's goin' on, hm?" 

"Nothing's working out and I'm gonna end up getting fired and-"

"Okay, okay. Let's take it easy now. Is this about work?" Namjoon nodded. 

"Okay, go call in sick, and I'll help you figure something out okay?"

"Okay." While Namjoon called into work, Jin cleaned up the kitchen and started making tea. Namjoon came back into the kitchen holding his laptop. Setting two mugs on the breakfast bar, Jin claimed one seat and patted the stool next to him. 

"So what's going on?"

Namjoon closed his laptop with a relieved sigh.

"Thank you."

"Of course, it's no problem. Just ask for help next time, don't stress yourself out." He collected their empty cups and stacked them in the sink. 

"Now, what do you say we just watch movies for the rest of the day? You deserve a break."

"Sounds good!"