Popping The Question

Damian~

Grayson knew exactly what I wanted when I looked at him. We had decided, almost as soon as her parents left, that I should be the one to ask Cora to come with us. An outing to a typically deserted place, such as a graveyard, would be perfect.

I do want to learn about her hobbies as well. She's interesting. I can't help but wonder what we could possibly do in a graveyard of all places. She mentioned it's uncommon here, and I assume that would make it unusual in my own sense as well.

Cora finishes the last of her pancakes and quickly goes to wash her dishes. My gaze follows her to the kitchen. There isn't a wall separating the dining room and the kitchen, it's simply open space. It's different from the manor.

I watch as she dries her plate and such, before moving on to what I assume are her parents' plates. It seems unfair of them to just leave their daughter to clean up after them. Did they not plan to manage their own mess?

Todd and Grayson follow my gaze and they come to the same conclusion. We all have scowls on our faces now. Even Drake, who is slightly more lucid now that half his mug of coffee is gone.

When Cora finishes her task she wanders over to us and sits back in her seat. It takes effort not to scoff at how unfazed she seems.

"So, is there anything else you guys wanted to do today?" She asks. I just want to spend time with her, as odd as that is, but I simply shrug.

"Oh! Maybe we could play a game or something later! Get to know each other more." Grayson offers cheerily. I can't say I hate the idea. It would be nice to learn more about Cora after our activities.

"That sounds great! We haven't really hung out as a group since I showed you the Café." Cora says enthusiastically. Todd and Drake both merely shrug.

"Now that's settled, Cora why don't you go get ready while I wash my dishes?" I say, finishing my food.

"Yeah okay, see you in a bit then." She agrees. She has a very bright attitude, as per usual.

After a couple of minutes of menial tasks and small chatter between my brothers, Cora walks down the stairs. Now changed from her nightwear into a comfortable outfit of leggings and a T-shirt, she doesn't have any other items with her other than a plain black notebook.

It seems in rough condition. The pages are slightly crinkled and some are obviously torn. The bookmark is fringed at the end and the pencil she holds against it is very short. She holds it close to her, so it's most likely important.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yep!"

"Lead the way then," I say, giving her a motion to move. She nods confidently and walks briskly out the front door.

I follow her after glancing behind me at my brothers. Grayson gives me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes and continue out the door.

We walk in comfortable silence for a little while, until the graveyard is in our sights. It's a kind of silence I don't experience often, even with my family being who they are.

"So, you're not allowed to judge me for this one. You just can't, okay?" Cora speaks quickly. I raise an eyebrow at her sudden nervousness.

"Okay. I'm sure it can't be as bad as you seem to think." I say, trying my best to reassure her. She just nods, taking in a deep breath.

"Well then, here we are. Follow me." She orders quietly. I nod silently and trail behind her. She scans around for something, perhaps someone? She finds a very very old tombstone, the words are close to being faded.