Back To Kansas

Cora~

1 week. 7 whole days.

Tim has been shut in his and Jason's room for an entire week. Every time I walk past it I can hear Tim mumbling and Jason occasionally talking back to his mutterings. They may as well be speaking a different language because I can't understand any part of what they say. 

I try not to get worried whenever I smell smoke, and I have since taken down the smoke detectors. Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I can hear quiet, hysterical cackling.

Dami and Richy have been keeping me company all week. We've watched every available Disney movie and I even showed them the old Batman and Robin cartoon on Youtube. Richy did wear that outfit, much to his unfortunate pride.

We ran into Betty Boop a couple of times while on a coffee run for Tim. Apparently, he told her his name was Alfred. An odd choice, considering that I know they have a butler named Alfred.

After hearing that Tim has already lied to her, and knowing that she will think I'm crazy, we ended up telling her that I would be going with the boys to their hometown. We just didn't mention that it's in another universe.

She was understandably concerned, but I assured her I would be coming back. I just also failed to mention that I don't know when or for how long. She was already really worried, it was best not to add to that.

Currently, everyone is waiting for Tim to emerge from the room with the finished product. He promised to fix my phone and laptop for communication and school when we cross over.

The laptop that I haven't had very much access to in a week. My school work has only reared its ugly head on the screen of my phone so far, and I'm hoping it doesn't stay that way.

The grandfather clock on the opposite side of the living room ticks away, slowly driving me crazy. None of the boys seem to notice.

Jason is on his phone, Richy is doodling on a spare piece of paper and Dami is sketching on a small sketchpad, but he won't let me see. I'll respect his privacy, even though I could use a distraction from the incessant ticking.

Jason chuckles from his spot on the armchair. He holds his phone out to Richy.

"Dick you gotta see this." He says, holding back laughter. Dick looks at the extended phone.

"Oh, that is kinda fun- wait a minute! How do you have your actual Instagram?!" He says, tearing the phone from Jasey's grasp.

"Uh, I guess WiFi is still WiFi, so whatever I had on my phone is still there. Maybe our universes are on the same frequency it's just a matter of what universe you came from?" He says quizically.

"Hey, maybe my online classes will work there anyways then!" I say excitedly. "Can you call too?" I ask, feeling giddy at the prospect

"Wouldn't that mean that Father could have contacted us?" Damian states blandly. He makes a point. We look at Jason. The man looks at his phone with a new kind of curiosity.

"I guess we're testing this then. Dickhead, take out your phone." Jason orders, sitting in a more formal position.

"Okie dokie, dial me bro." Richy says confidently. We all wait with bated breath as Jason's phone dials.

1 ring. 2 rings. 3 rings... Richy's phone stays dark.

"Hello! You have reached officer Grayson from Blüdhaven PD. I'm probably doing important work right now, so just leave a message and I'll get back to you." Richy's automated voice rings through the room.

Well, that answers that question.

"Wouldn't Batman of all people have tried to communicate through all platforms?" I find myself asking. He's a man with a supposed contingency plan for everything.