Ch. 5

TW: mention of suicide, mention of self-harm

--------

The next morning you woke up at around 9 AM, and after laying in bed for about 30 minutes trying to fall back asleep (and ultimately failing), you decided to scroll on your phone.

You knew what likely lay ahead of you, and tried not to cry, failing as a few tears slipped out from the corners of your eyes as you read the numerous hate comments on your Instagram and Twitter, as well as many on your YouTube and TikTok.

But along with the hate, there were some nice comments thrown in by the non-toxic people, making you slightly happier at least, and you had gained some followers on all platforms.

I wonder if I had realized millions of people would hate me if I would've accepted Karl's request at doing the stream. You brushed your hair out of your eyes and sat up. Seeing as most people knew you from twitch, you got up and sat down at your computer, eyes puffy from crying. You didn't bother fixing yourself up for the stream considering you have never used facecam and didn't plan on doing so anytime soon, so it didn't take you long to boot up the stream and wait for most of your viewers to join.

You were immediately met with mostly negative responses but did your best to ignore the comments as you created a new creative world to try some new build ideas for the server you were on with Ranboo, Tommy, and Tubbo.

"Hellooo!" You said, welcoming the viewers, trying to keep your y/e/c eyes away from the chat. You had about 1.7k viewers, but as far as you knew most of them were hate watching from what you had seen in the chat.

As you kept on playing for the following 30 minutes, laughing at random dono's and experimenting with building, the viewers inflated slightly, making you more nervous, but it seemed like most of the people joining later were positive or neutral.

Suddenly a dono popped up, setting off the notification and making you look at the screen.

is Karl really your brother or was that just a bit, it read.

"Yea, Karl is my brother; we have the same parents, were raised together, look similar-ish, yadda yadda. Karl would say the same thing." You replied as you searched for dark oak in the hot bar.

Almost back to back with the last dono was another one.

Have you ever been in a Mr. Beast video??

"I have once before, but only for a second in the background and my face isn't even showing. I was only there to help with the set haha."

You hopped around your build for a moment, examining what needed changing, before another donation popped up.

idk why you're lying so much, it's really a bad look. and I bet karl wishes he wasn't related to you, before you could even consider responding a new one popped up.

you're so annoying. it's a wonder anyone could stand you in the jackbox stream. you're just begging for attention.

You felt tears well up in your eyes and you muttered a quick swear to yourself, trying to keep the sob down.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

I really need mods...

The sob broke through, just barely loud enough for your microphone to pick up. But it was enough. The chat began going even faster, glitching out slightly. You ended the stream with no outro, raiding Ranboo who had just started a stream.

As you curled up in your chair you cried softly to yourself, opening Ranboo's stream and sitting back. His voice was slightly groggy as he had probably just woken up, and it comforted you slightly, making you smile through the tears, stomach swirling. You read the stream title and saw he was doing more mining on the Dream SMP and a short QnA, though it was still on the blue "Starting Soon" screen.