Aegis

Aegis: The shield carried by Zeus (to protect himself), which he sometimes lent to Athena

Chuuya has always been convinced that he has the worst luck in the existence of bad lucks. Now, don't get him wrong. He hasn't always had bad luck. No, not at all. In fact, the first four years of his life were very wonderful! He had the best time every single day. But then! Then, one day, he had the biggest misfortune of meeting someone who would end up being Chuuya's biggest problem in the years to come.

Nakahara Chuuya met Dazai Osamu when he was just four, in a setting that was hilariously cliché and ridiculously cute. Yeah, as if. It was cute just in stories. In reality, it was fucking annoying, as twenty year old Chuuya would now say. Give him a break; he was older now, he could curse.

Chuuya was running around the park near his house with an insect-catching net, when he met the person who brought him such terrible luck for years after. Apparently, his eyes were too focussed on the butterfly he was chasing, because before he knew it, he had tripped over something and fallen flat on his face.

As it turned out, the thing he had tripped over was a pair of pale, unscarred legs. The first thing Chuuya noticed about this person was the weird bandages that stopped a little above their thighs. The second thing Chuuya noticed was how the owner of these legs had the most annoying voice he had ever heard.

An uttered scoff with a shy, clear voice, "Little Chibi, weren't you ever taught to watch your step?"

Of course, Chuuya was fired up immediately, "Who are you calling a Chibi! I drink milk every day; I'm definitely going to grow!"

This was the moment Chuuya finally took notice of the other boy's features. He was a brunet, and his hair looked really soft and fluffy. Other than that, he was wearing a blue vest over his half-sleeved shirt; a school uniform. Bandages wrapped around his arms, he held a book in has hands.

The boy frowned when his eyes landed on Chuuya's face, "Your nose... Looks like you hurt yourself, little Chibi."

Chuuya hadn't even registered the pain, but now that it had been pointed out, he could definitely feel it. He scrunched up his nose before wincing, "It's fine! It doesn't hurt at all!"

The other boy got up to his feet before digging through his pockets and handing Chuuya a band-aid. He then sat down next to Chuuya on the grass before putting on the band-aid on the cut on his nose. Dainty hands pressed down on the band-aid to make it stick even better.

The boy then gave him a soft smile, "There. That should help."

At the time, Chuuya had mistakenly decided that this boy must be a good person. This boy who had given Chuuya a band-aid and called him a chibi. Oh how wrong Chuuya was! It was all an act! 

But well, Chuuya hadn't thought so at the time. He just blushed, "Um. Thank you."

The other boy stood up before clapping his hands together, "All well! My name is Dazai."

Chuuya allowed himself to be helped up by the brunet, "Chuuya."

And that is how, Chuuya had gained an annoying pet fish for life. Because the cute little boy who had seemed so angelic at the time, would soon turn to be the lead actor in Chuuya's recurring nightmares. But he would also be the only person in every single one of Chuuya's childhood memories.

Chuuya didn't know that the seemingly shy little boy would be by his side for at least sixteen more years. He didn't know that this boy, who had seemed so brave, was actually fragile. Delicate. He wasn't weak by any means, but Chuuya would always have the strong urge to protect him at all costs.