Chapter sixteen

" What???!!" Nick asks bewildered.
"How?!"

Kamien chuckles.

" You weren't the only child, I am the leader in this pack. Now I am retiring, I was not born to be a leader. I was born to be a fighter. You on the oter hand, were born to be the leader, the whole pack is waiting for you to take the alpha's spot"

" So your saying I'm a were wolf, I am supposed to be the leader of this pack?"

" Yes" Kamien replies simply.

" But when you took me to my new home, why didn't you stay with me there?" Nick asks

" Because I had to fight off the other pack," Kamien grins," we won against them by my command, and they chose that I should be leader until you come."

" Why didn't you come for me?" Nick asks

" Because it would be too risky, we would give away your hiding spot and you would be dead by now," Kamien says.

" Well that's comforting," Nick mutters, Kamien chuckles and Aliah laughs.

" Lets go to our pack village to show you around," Aliah says," our pack does need to meet their new leader," she says with a smirk.

.........................

They had to walk over hills and through forests, and once they climbed te largest hill yet, they arrived to their destination.

It was beautiful.

It was a large valley, that had huge hills surrounding it, a forest grew thick on it and in the middle was the valley with huge rock caves and a sparkling, fresh water lake in the middle.

Nick stares at it for ages only snapped out of his shock when Aliah tugs on his arm to descend down to the valley.

The forest was thick, with underbrush and lots of animals.

Once Nick saw a werewolf girl, around eight, chasing a squirrel, biting its neck and trotting back to her crave to give it to her mom, dad and little brother., And shifting back behind her cave, only to come out slipping on a white cotton sweater

He smiled, this valley was beautiful, the people..... Er....... werewolfs were kind and always happy! they welcomed Nick with warm smiles, hello's and hi's.

Nick loved it here.

They came to one of the largest cave's in the valley.

" This one is my home, now sharing with you," Kamien says happily.

Nick smiles.

" That's awesome! this place is awesome! every one is so kind and happy!" Nick says excited.

" That's because there are no worries here, we live happily, as long as we stick to the rules," Kamien says smiling.

" Now we should get some rest, it's been a long day, the sun is setting and you need to rest that noggin of yours, from all that information. You need to be extra concentrated tomorrow because tomorrow we are gonna show you how to shift," Says Aliah.

Then she leaves the cave and Nick watches her until she disappears over the large hill, his heart aching.

" Here this is we're your gonna sleep," Kamien says to Nick, pointing at a bed that looks like the one at Aliah's cave.

Nick settle's down on the bed on his side looking at Kamien who is across from him.

" Why does Aliah live in the cave far from here," Nick asks.