Chapter 38: Heartbroken

A/N this is where I will leave a TW for, well if you read the last chapter you could probably guess.. enjoy anyway!

I ran forward to the ledge of the roof, as I heard a thump.

There was a lot of red.
Blood.
It was just getting bigger, as there was a pool on the floor.
Deku lay on top of Yumi, his hands shaking as he pulled them out from under her head.
He had saved her from the blow, but the wound in her chest was deep.
He looked at her knife.

She had laced it in a drug.
The one that stops someone's quirk from working.

She coughed, looking to him with broken eyes.
"Darling you shouldn't have saved me.. you should've let me die then.. that would've been my epic moment." She joked, her breath rattling as she spoke.

"No, no, don't talk. You're going to be fine, it's going to be fine." Deku said, his pupils diluting as he began to cry, placing his head against her chest.
"Fuck- Yumi we were going to have a family.. we were going to be together. Why did you throw it away for her." He half-hissed out.

He couldn't get angry at Y/N anymore, though.
He realised now if Yumi died, Y/N would be all that was left of her.

"I told you, Deku, I don't exist. I was made to keep you under control. I can't do that anymore, can I?" Yumi chuckled.
"I failed my mission. Shigaraki would be angry."

"Fuck him.. Yumi just.. don't talk.. why. Just why!" He cried, letting out a heartbreaking wail as he cried.

I ran down to the bottom as soon as I can, being pulled aside by Midoriya.

"Y/N-" He started, before hugging me, as he saw my tears fall.
Watching Yumi die was like watching my sister die.
That's what she was to me, after all.

"She's killing herself because of me.. Deku was right.. if one of us dies, the transfer will fix itself.. once she dies, she's gone.." I whispered, hugging myself into Midoriya's chest.

That's when I recalled my quirk.
I can heal people with the shadows.
"Midoriya let me go. I- I can heal her." I started, trying to pull away.
He held me tight to his chest.
"Y/N- he'll kill you after you heal her you know." Midoriya started.

I tugged away, only to look into his eyes.

"You're not Midoriya." I said, pushing at him.

"Shigaraki's orders.." He mumbled.
I saw Twice in the corner, looking away from me.

"Fuck let me go!" I yelled.
Deku turned, his head snapping.

"Yumi.. can you heal others?" He asked, through his countless tears, wiping them with his hands covered in blood.

For once he wished it was his own blood.
"Yeah.." She breathed out.

"I'll be back.. I love you." He whispered, kissing her softly on the cheeks, before jumping up.

In a moment he was beside Twice, as he kicked him through the building wall, running up to Y/N.
The clone pulled her with him.
Deku snapped the clones neck with ease, pulling Y/N to Yumi.

"Heal her. Please." Deku snapped, before his voice became pleading, almost breaking as he cried.
"She's all I have left."

I just nodded, placing my hand on Yumi's chest as she began to heal, her ragged coughs turning into more even breaths.

That's when I felt a sharp scratch, as my quirk flickered out.
I looked down, to see Yumi had cut me with her own knife.
"Y/N, come on.. you need to move on." She whispered out.
Deku glared at me.
"Hurry it up."

"I- I can't my quirk-" I stuttered, before he kicked me against the U.A building.
Yumi's chest was half healed, but she was still bleeding, not as bad as before.

"Deku you know Shigaraki is going to kill me when he sees me next.. I failed the mission I was made for. To make sure you don't do stupid shit like this he has to clean up." She giggled, as Deku pulled her into his chest.

"You're so warm.." She mumbled.

"Let's just stay like this whilst a take a nap, yeah?" Yumi whispered.

"I love you.."

Y/N couldn't get up.
The impact had crushed the air out of her.

Midoriya came rushing out of the building, running to her.
But she pushed him away.
"Are you one of Twice's clones again?" I asked.
He looked confused.
"No..?"

I shook my head, as he pulled me up.

The scene in front of them was heart breaking.

Deku rocked back and forth, blood covering his clothes and hands, leaking from the girl in his hands.
Her head was curled into his chest, her eyes shut, face more pale than it ever was.

Her hand was on his cheek, and he was holding it there.

"I love you too.. don't leave me. I can't do this without you!" Deku cried out, his voice cracking in agony.
When he moved his hand, her hand dropped, her body completely still.

The slow timing and falling of her chest had stopped to nothing but a small motion, before stopping completely.

Y/N felt like a part of her heart had been ripped out, as she fell to the floor, heart pounding in agony.

She was hurting.

I love you too y/n. I'm so sorry it ended this way.

Then for the last time, she heard Yumi's voice, as it faded to nothing more than a mere memory of what life once was.
Of who Yumi once was.

Deku placed Yumi down, as he saw patrols of police cars begin to come down the road.
He reached for his own knife, eyes hollow and empty.

Everything was gone.
It was as though his soul had left with her.

"I'll see you in heaven baby.. that is, if I can make it. I'll see you and our children there.." He whispered, as his sliced the knife across his throat, holding it painfully, as he pulled Yumi to his chest with he free hand, laying down.

Midoriya just watched on, eyes wide as he felt a similar splitting pain, as Deku lay out on the concrete floor, stained with a dark red which caked the ground like a fresh layer of paint.

Deku stopped moving, and he went stiff in Yumi's arms.

There they lay, heartbroken and gone in each other's arms.

Midoriya and Y/N were in each other's arms, just as heart broken, as a part of them was torn away from themselves.

Yumi and Deku were no more, just a distant memory of the past.

That they would remain for the rest of eternity.

A/N thanks for reading, that's the end!

I'm just kidding.. did anyone actually fall for that? There will be one or more chapters left to go!