Chapter 17: Interrogation

"Freeze! Criminal! You're under arrest!"

Midoriya stared wide-eyed in panic, placing you down carefully on the floor as the green electricity encased his body.

"Y/N. Run." He growled under his breath.

Panic filled your core as you realised what he was doing.

He was going to go back to prison so you didn't get in trouble.

This was the third time now you've been caught with a villain.

Even worse, the same villain.

They'd think you're a traitor, a villain hiding amongst the heroes.

That's no fucking good.

More police crowded the area, making it impossible for you to run off unseen.

Their bodies rushed in, stampeding onto you and Midoriya faster than a pack of hyena chasing their prey.

And you couldn't fight them off.

Of course you can't, the handcuffs stop your quirk.

And, well, you are a hero in training.

Plus, your hip was broken, your spine was bruised, and your rib was cracked.

Moving hurt too much.

Harsh hands grabbed you from behind, shoving your front against a wall, the searing pain from before rippling through your body as a second rib cracked.

Midoriya growled as he fought the police off, attempting to get to you in the riot.

Suddenly, the green light from his quirk vanished, replaced with the red glow of a familiar faces eyes.

Eraser head.

"Mr Aizawa!" You cried, struggling under the cops' grip.

"Y/N! Thank god. Officer, let her go." Eraser head said, keeping his eyes on Midoriya as the officers pinned him down.

The policeman let you go, before looking down at your bleeding and bruised wrists.

"I need to take those off ma'am."

"No." You said, a bit too quickly, pulling your arms away from the officer quickly.

"Why not..?" The police asked, tilting his head.

"I- no reason.. but they're staying on." You said stubbornly.

Eraser head came over to your side, patting your shoulder.

"God, stop getting yourself in these situations. Are you hurt?" He asked, looking down at you with eyes filled of concern.

You avoided his eyes, watching the screaming Midoriya get pulled into the police car.

"Y/N! LET GO OFF ME YOU ASSHOLES!"

You looked away, eyes shining from the tears threatening to fall.

"Sir, we have reason to bring her in for questioning.. if, that's okay with you." One of the cops spoke.

Eraser head looked away from you, turning to the officer.

"Take her to the hospital first. Then go ahead. As long as it doesn't cut into too much of her class time." Eraser head spoke.

"I'm fine.. just need some rest." You said, your voice barely a whisper.

You were so close to knowing if your childhood best friend, your crush, had the same feelings for you as you do for him.

But the police intervened.