Chapter 27: Empty base

Shinso turned to Bakugou and Todoroki.
"Are you certain this is necessary? This is going to be a pain in the ass to me, y'know that right? Especially since she's got that Yumi or whatever. I can only keep one at bay."

"Just keep her under control until we can transport her out of here." Todoroki said.
Shinso sighed, sitting down on the chair in the corner.

"Well, could you at least bring me a drink? Like a coffee."

"Stop being such a whiny brat." Bakugou spat.

"I'll go get you one. I appreciate your help, Shinso." Todoroki said, rushing off.

"Sure you do.." Shinso whispered.
Yumi's voice was running through his head, and with every passing second, she get grew louder and louder.
This was the problem with people like Y/N, and Midoriya.
Their two personalities makes it difficult to keep them under control, especially since their second personality is just another consciousness.
A deadly one, at that.

"Shinso, please, let us go. I'm going to get out of this body soon, then Y/N can return here or whatever. I don't even know why you're helping them."

"I don't have a choice." Shinso whispered.

"You always have a choice when it comes to your own decisions. Cmon. Use Y/N's body to knock Bakugou out, then let me escape."

"Well, that could work.."

Bakugou glared over at Shinso. "Just what the fuck are you mumbling about over there.

Shinso made Y/N stand up, her fists in hands.

"Well, just the usual things about how much I hate this world, and you, and everyone else in it. Sleep well." Shinso growled, as Y/N punched down on Bakugous head.
His eyes fluttered as he fell to the floor.

"He's not dead, Y/N, don't worry." Shinso said. "Now go, use your shadow and go back to the base- actually, bring me with you. I want to have some fun."

Then a large gaping hole opened in the floor, taking Shinso and Y/N in it.
Todoroki came in at that moment, watching a still under-control Y/N escape with Shinso.

"Fuck." Todorki exclaimed, rushing off.

They were going to have to get the police involved. Or, even finally place Y/N in solitary confinement, in a jail where the LOV can't find her.

The base opened around them, Shinso finally letting go of Y/N.

I dropped to the floor, looking at Shinso.
"Well, you got me back here, at least.. except, the base is empty.." I said, examining the empty bar.

"Try Shigaraki's office."

I opened the door, but no one was there. The base was a ghost town.

"Everyone must have gone to go look for me.. I never knew I was that special." I chuckled.

"You're special to both the villains and the heroes, that must feel nice." Shinso said.

"I know.. I don't want to be.. I want to be a hero, and Yumi wants to be a villain, so it's not going to work. That's why Shigaraki's going to separate us."

"What if it doesn't work?" Shinso questioned.

"Well, either our consciousnesses will merge, one half will die, or we'll just be a corpse ourselves." I said sadly.

"Aren't you worried that might happen?"

"Kind of.. I don't trust Shigaraki, nor does Yumi. He tried to kill me not too long ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to kill me again." I shrugged.

"Then why are you trusting him with your life?"

"I don't have a choice. Yumi wants it done." I answered, looking around Shigaraki's office. I leant against the wall, looking at Shinso.
Only to have the wall spin, and reveal a passage.

"My my, what a secretive little bugger." I scoffed, grabbing my phone flashlight, and walking down the dark hallway.

Shinso followed me, his own phone light in his hand.
The dark hall twisted on for ages, eventually opening into a cavernous room with multiple doors.
"It's a maze in here." Shinso noted.
"We won't get lost. The shadows is my domain, so it's fine." I said, opening one of the doors.
Behind it was the mass of Shigaraki and the doctors research.
Files of body separation and the creation of artificial tissue scattered the walls.

There was a door that branched off from this room too.

"Something seems off.." I said, as I feel a sense of uneasiness coarse through me as I went through the narrow hallway, into another room.

Which had four large glass vials, filled with a green-tinged liquid, bodies in two of them.
One was a male with wild dark-green hair, a cascade of freckles on his features. Similar to Midoriya, although his build was a lot bigger, and his jaw was more defined.

In the tank next to him, there was a females body.
Yumi's desired form.
The body's hair was a raven black, the skin ghostly white. Her face was littered in small freckles, her build slim, yet muscular in the same sense.
"How come there's four tanks?" I whispered, walking up to one of the vacant ones.

"I don't know.. it's odd, really." Shinso said, looking through the paperwork.

A gas began to filter through the room, making him splutter.

"Y/N- the gas is toxic. Get out of here." He hissed, coughing heavily.
My quirk malfunctioned, the shadows staying closed beneath my feet as I crouched on the floor, coughing and spluttering as I felt my head grow light.

Before I knew it, I was deep in slumber.

Deku slinked into the room, Shigaraki behind him.

"Well, I guess we couldn't have her knowing. I'll load her in, then you load me in. I'm trusting you." Deku said.

Shigaraki just nodded, as Deku picked Y/N up in his arms, giving her a quick peck on the head.

"We'll be free soon, my love.. then they'll know what it's liked to be trapped in your own head." He smirked, opening the top of the container as he clambered on top of it, placing Y/N inside.

He then opened the lid of the other one.
Shigaraki grabbed a needle, stabbing it into Deku's arm.
"This'll knock you both out for the process." He said.

Deku felt his head going light, as he lowered himself inside the tank.

Then he and Y/N floated there like ghosts, like corpses.
Shigaraki looked to the unconscious Shinso.

"I'll deal with you later. I do like your quirk, though.. you could be helpful." He smirked to himself.

He then pulled at a lever, and the liquid around all four bodies began to glow odd colours, the veins inside the bodies glowing brightly through their skin.

Then within ten minutes, everything turned dull again.

Y/N and Midoriya's bodies stayed still.

Whilst the others blinked, opening their eyes.