Chapter 44: Baby

"So you want to babysit Eri?" Aizawa asked.
Todoroki nodded. "Yes I do. Me and Y/N. She can keep Eri's quirk in check if the medicine wears off."

"Fine, but I'll be keeping an eye on the camera. Y/N is a danger magnet still, and I can't risk anything happening to Eri. She's dangerous." Aizawa said, walking down the hallway as he opened her door.

Eri looked at Todoroki, then to Aizawa.
"Hey Eri, he's going to look after you for the night. I've got work to do. Him and Y/N will look after you, don't worry. You're in safe hands." He reassured, as he passed her over.

"Thank you Sir. Have a fun evening." He said, walking away with Eri.

"Who's Y/N?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Someone very important. But, I have to ask you, can you keep a secret?"

"Are you serious, Izuku?" I scoffed.
"I'm sorry Y/N, I really can't get caught again." He said, avoiding meeting my eyes.
"Izuku, do you know how much I have risked to help you? People left and right are calling me a traitor, I'm this close to being kicked out of UA, and you couldn't even come and help me for ten fucking minutes?" I hissed.

"I'm already facing life in prison! Please, just understand where I'm coming from!" He pleaded.
"You know, Izuku, I can slightly see it. But personally if you want to go past being friends who are in love, start making the sacrifices. We're done." I said, standing up.
As I left, I looked at the officer.

"Where do I go to report a group of villains?"

Yumi sat on the roof of UA's building, bored out of her mind as she fiddled with the shadows.
She saw the roof of a nearby dorm building, presumably for the older years.

Two people danced with each other, before pulling in for a kiss.
She smiled to herself.
"I miss that sort of love." She sighed, looking up at the sky.
She liked to think Deku was watching her from above.
She knew he wasn't, but it was a nice thought.

When she died, she didn't get a heaven.

She was trapped in between everything.
Saying she was able to talk to Y/N told her that much.

"So this is the league of villains hide out?" The officer asked.
I nodded.
"Yes. Shigaraki, Dabi, Mr Compress, the lot of them." I repeated.
"We trust you because?"
"I was recently kidnapped and my friend rescued me. Just send Eraserhead and Midnight there or something. They're planning on hurting a close friend of mine and I don't want that to happen." I said.

"We'll have to verify your information, Miss, but I assure you we will do something soon." He said, as he closed the window.
I let out a groan before I left, rushing back to the UA dorms.

"Meet me in my room." I said to Yumi.

Already there.

When I arrived, her, Todoroki and Eri all sat on the floor.

"You've got very pretty hair." Yumi complimented, as Eri did her make up.

"You've got very pretty eyes! Mine are a scary red." She frowned.
"I think they're very pretty." Yumi smiled.
"You're just saying that." Eri pouted.

"No, I'm being honest! Usually it's red hair blue eyes, but I think blue hair red eyes looks nicer!" Yumi grinned.

I walked over to Todoroki.
"They've been going on like this for ages." He whispered.
"That's okay." I said, resting my head on Todoroki's shoulders.
He froze in place, before he looked at me.

"May I ask how we're doing this?"

"Well, when I mirror someone's quirk with shadows, it provides the opposite effect. I need Eri to activate her quirk to do that. It's like if I mirrored you, your fire power would come from the right side, not the left." I explained briefly.

"But with Bakugou it stays the same?" He questioned.
"Hush, I don't question that. I think I need to learn how to not mirror quirks, but for now, I have no idea."

Yumi glanced up at the camera, as her shadow flickered over the top.

"Miss Yumi, how come you're covering the camera?" Eri asked.
"People can't know I'm here. You see, I'm playing this epic prank that I'm dead. Everyone thinks I am, and it needs to stay that way. You can't tell Aizawa, okay?" Yumi explained, to which Eri nodded.

"You ready Yumi?" I asked.
She nodded, as she wiped the make up from her face, leaving Eri frowning.

"You can do it again afterward." Yumi chuckled, laying down on the bed.
"Todoroki, I want you to hang guard and make sure no one comes in." I explained.
He nodded, leaving the room briskly, to walk up and down the halls.

"Hi, I'm Y/N." I said, talking to Eri.
"I'm in Todoroki's class. We're friends. Aizawa is my teacher."

Eri nodded. "I'm Eri. You probably already know that."
I just chuckled and nodded, placing a sheet over Yumi's lower half, incase it all went south.

"Eri, dear, can you activate your quirk?" I asked.
She shook her head. "I'll hurt someone."

"I promise you won't. I've got you. You see, Yumi here is my sister, and she can't be here for long. She's going to have a child, and she needs your help." I said, crouching to look Eri in the eyes.

"I'll give you something to use it on. You don't even have to touch a person." I smiled, looking around the room for an item.
I grabbed an old toy of mine.
"Just a second. That's all I need." I said.

She froze for a second, before her horn started to grow, as she activated her quirk.
In that moment I pulled at her shadow, sending its powers onto Yumi.

"Be gentle, would you?" She chuckled, as she groaned, her stomach growing.

"Tell me when you feel, y'know, that happening. We'll take you to the hospital, I'll give you a fake appearance and it'll be fine." I said.

She nodded, then let out a gasp.

"Stop, Stop! It's happening!" She half yelled.
I lowered Eri's shadow, as she stood there confused.

"Remember what I said? Let's keep it a secret." I smiled, calling for Todoroki from the hall.

He came and took Eri, nodding my way as I shifted into the shadows, holding onto Yumi.

I sent her through to emergency, sitting outside her room.

"Miss, you can come in now." The doctor said, after what felt like hours.

I expected to walk in, baby in Yumi's arms as she smiled.

Instead the room was filled with police, handcuffs around Yumi's wrists as she looked drained, the baby stiff and unmoving.

"You're under arrest for assisting in the revival of the criminal Yumi." A police said, grabbing at my hand.

"What?" I asked, pulling away.

"No, no, this is all wrong." I said, my heart hammering in my chest.

"Please calm down or we will have to use force." Another officer said, cornering me.

"She didn't do anything! She's changed! Please let me save the baby!" I yelled.

Yumi smiled at me, and that's when I realised the amount of blood on the sheets.

"It's going to be okay..." She whispered, as she fell limp.

I felt like screaming, but all I could do was watch as everything I had tried to fix fell apart in front of my eyes.